Not cutting all the through

1/4 plywood not cutting all the way though, any idea why? already cleaned it.

Could very well be the plywood, not the machine. Non Proofgrade material is quite variable with voids, glue spots, knots and unknown filler material. Try printing the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material with Proofgrade settings. If it doesn’t print properly post photos along with the date and time of the print. If the Gift of Good Measure prints perfectly, the problem is your plywood. You will need to do some testing and adjust your settings to get better results.

4 Likes

the gift of good measure on proofgrade worked fine. can you tell me what settings i need to adjust for the plywood

I have no guess about your plywood, and we can only discuss settings for non Proofgrade material in the Beyond the Manual section of the forum. I suggest that you do some test with a template such as this: New material cut test method

Your photo seems to suggest your current settings are close to working, so test with speeds slightly slower.

3 Likes

What @dklgood shared regarding settings is correct; we’re unable to advise on settings for materials from other manufacturers.

If you’d like to see the settings we use for a piece of Proofgrade material, here’s how:

1. Open app.glowforge.com

2. Open a design

3. Choose the material

4. Click a step in the left-hand column of steps

5. Choose Cut, Engrave or Score to determine which setting you’d like to see

6. Then choose “Manual” and you’ll see the default settings for that operation.

Another great resource is our guide to working with manual mode.

Note that materials vary widely, and the settings we use for Proofgrade material might not be safe or effective for a material with a similar name.

Since we can’t support material from other manufacturers, I suggest posting for advice in the Beyond the Manual section of our community. Note that advice in this section is unsupported and is not reviewed by Glowforge. If you run into trouble again, or have other questions for our team, please reach out and we’ll be happy to help!