Not to seem greedy, but

No need to worry. The question is more than reasonable, and it has been answered for certain that it depends specifically on each individual’s email for their Glowforge, not when others get theirs.

That can also be found in the December Email, where @dan addresses the compensation for the delay.

In the original communication, “The gift certificate will increase $20 for each month you have to wait” is bold.

5 Likes

Once you get The Email, it stops accruing, even if you decide to delay shippment. Here is the exact wording:

A Proofgrade gift certificate of $20 per month that you’ve been waiting since the planned December 2016/March 2017 delivery date (measured until today, whether you accept or not)

4 Likes

I also didn’t see the post…likely in a restricted area of the forum.

1 Like

Everyone knows that there is no spoon, and the cake is a lie. The most important information for this is in the December email, linked above, and Joe’s post.

3 Likes

Oh, if you mix your metaphors the way you do your genres you’ll do well here.

4 Likes

I keep a blender bottle for mixing metaphors.

6 Likes

Stop! I’m full on snorting now.

Now I am more worried about this Bigfoot type POST that was seen by one guy but not any others and now can’t be found. If it is in a “restricted” area, restricted how and to whom? If it was to the PRU people, why was it just to them?

The email I am referencing was the email sent in December to all owners. It is available in the forums, link provide above.

They are quotes from The Matrix and Portal. You’re welcome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Referring to the markevans36301 post above [quote=“markevans36301, post:4, topic:7860, full:true”]
Yes, he has answered this last night in another thread. Your email, your bonus bennies.
[/quote]

1 Like

Hey Jim, if you look at different user names/profiles you’ll see members have different status levels in the forum. (Look for “Regulars”.) The status isn’t just PRU folks, it really all just depends how active you are here. Sometimes posts occur in a category/area that less active members don’t have access too. It’s up to each individual member to post in those areas; GF doesn’t control what information is shared or posted there. The vast majority of time, important information or news is quickly disseminated to all users in the forum and everyone gets the same info. The bigfoot email is very real and markevans36301, Joe and others are sharing information directly from the original post. Other folks have come forward announcing they also received the same shipping email.

(Edited to add: I have always thought the term “Regular” is a compete misnomer. Most Regulars are anything but. lol)

6 Likes

:expressionless::neutral_face::confused::hushed::astonished::grinning:

4 Likes

:poop:

1 Like

It’s just like “Normal”, which is a setting on the dryer.

2 Likes

Kittski, I should have said post, Markevans posted about a POST that Dan made LAST NIGHT about our email and bennies, which is not the same as the email from last December that Jasonfuller was posting about. I am not comenting about the “we are shipping emails” that others are getting, I fully believe those people. BUT if markevans did read a POST last night from DAN about our email and bennies. THat is information that I think should have been shared with everyone not just “Regulars” or “Forum VIPs” or the lucky PRU recipients. As a paid preorder customer, that information, which is what my original question was about was not made available to all of the preorder customers.

Thank you for trying to help out though, I do appreciate it

2 Likes

@dan has probably not seen this post as he has been working the BAMF, I’m surprised he has been on the forum at all.

But yes, old post, new post, your email, your cut off on bennies.

Good question - I’m sorry I didn’t make that clear. The bonus keeps increasing per individual, up until you personally get an email that your Glowforge is ready for shipment. Then it stops accruing, whether you decide to accept shipment now or later.

I’ll try to remember to mention that in the next monthly update.

23 Likes

Dan to the rescue.

2 Likes