Orange Light On Setup

I received my Glowforge today and I am in the process of setting it up.

When I first turned the unit on I got a teal light and it showed up on my WiFi I could not connect to the unit so after several attempts I powered the unit down and restarted it. The light is now orange and the unit will will not show up on my WiFi. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue.

I have sent this to support but I thought it would be worth posting here as well.

I’m still a little unsure of the correct order of things, but you might try holding down the yellow button until it turns blue. (About ten seconds.) Then turn off the machine for 1 minute and try again. (That reboots it and restarts the setup routine.)

Thank you! Doing that now…

The teal light is now on but still will not connect to my WiFi. I will try a few more times and wait on support. Thank you for your help!

What I’ve seen from others here is that if you can make sure the signal to the GF from the Wifi source is really strong for that first setup connection, it seems to be more successful. Like, temporarily move the wifi source closer to the GF if possible.

Thank you…I will give that a shot. I am around 5’ from it as it sits so I will see if I can move it closer.

Hmmmmm. I would think that 5’ would be plenty close. Mine is in a separate room.

2 Likes

Oh, and I’m sure you’ve thought of this, but be sure your wifi is using 2.4 MHz, the GF doesn’t use 5.0.

And here’s some additional advice from @karaelena:

I moved it closer and it worked! Too Funny! Thank you for the assist!

6 Likes

Might have been just be a coincidence, but now it’s part of the collective anecdotal memory. Glad it works.

5 Likes

Haha–no doubt I’ll now be considered an expert.

I’m glad it’s working, anyway!

4 Likes

I’m glad that you were able to get setup! Please reach out if you have any other issues.