Orange light stuck focusing. Laser Head doesn’t move

I cleaned the fan and the rest of the Glowforge. When I finished. I put the head back and now I get an orange light permanently. S.O.S. I read other threads. And I followed some troubleshooting but it doesn’t work. Here is a picture of the gold pins of the head.

When you cleaned it, did you open the lid fully upright? (90° angle?)

It’s possible when that happens to pull one of the lid cables too tight against a little metal lip behind it, and that can cause the wires inside to break. If that’s what happened, Glowforge can look at your logs to see it, and get you a replacement cable.

But in order to eliminate something as simple as an open connector somewhere, run through the checks outlined here and let them know what you find:

If those look okay, just wait to hear from Support.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about the orange button. I extracted your printer’s logs and saw that your Glowforge has successfully completed calibration since you made this post.

Could you please let me know if you are still experiencing any trouble?

2 Likes

I fixed the connection thank you

still experiencing trouble. Now it won’t calibrate and it’s stuck centering but the laser head or carriage don’t move

Thank you for linking me to your new thread, I’m so sorry to hear that the trouble has reappeared. I will be reaching out in email with your next steps, so I’m going to close this thread.

1 Like