Paper Sculpting

Here is an updated version of the star I did previously to try and show some more of the scale. The hardest part is not loosing the piece in the grate when cutting it…

9 Likes

I love the passionflower!

2 Likes

A passion flower! That’s some mighty fine detail.

1 Like

Worthy of a bookmark; thanks for the details.

1 Like

Just for you.

10 Likes

I got a pair of magnifying glasses from Amazon, they have a light and four different levels of magnification that snap on. I do pop-up paper projects (not laser, at least not yet) and they are essential.

4 Likes

Dollar Tree has the best prices I have found on poster board and foam board. I use both for projects and they are a very affordable prototyping material.

5 Likes

Wow, now that’s just AWESOME.

NEVER STOP creating…

1 Like

Good Call, I was considering one of those big ones that hang off an adjustable arm.

I’ll have to check it out by me and I’ll report back. Right now I’ve found it for $3 for a sheet of white, and that’s pretty cheap as I get 3 whole sheets from 1.

2 Likes

I think I gave $1 for 2 full size boards.

1 Like

Sounds like I have some shopping to do, thanks!

1 Like

Up until covid, we had a paper company in town and I would buy hundreds of sheets of heavy card stock (1/32" and 1/16") and they would cut it down to 11x20 for free. It was super cheap and really cut nicely.

4 Likes

I get it at Hobby Lobby, they have a clearance section in the back corner and all the damaged stuff ends up there for pennies on the dollar. Just buckled corners and such, so plenty good for the GF…

3 Likes

Nice work, interesting designs.

You might find these two posts interesting:

And

2 Likes

Good Idea, I’ll check it out and see what mine has :smiley:

OMG thank you!! I’ll have to test these out and see what I can do. This should also help with some of the streaking I get from cutting with the fan blowing from the one angle.

1 Like

I attempted to quantify this a bit later in that thread. If you didn’t scroll all the way down:

2 Likes

I have the glasses but the people I paid to help organize my house hid the lenses…

3 Likes

How fun! Like a game? I personally don’t need to hire people to hide things from me; I spend many hours each week looking for things I just put down a minute ago.

5 Likes