Passthrough Project - Plastic Wrap Dispenser Box

Finally built a countertop home for those huge Sam’s Club rolls of plastic wrap.
(My kitchen is starting to collect quite a few of my Glowforge experiments.) :hugs:

No problems with the passthrough alignment…did have a LOT of problems with the local power availability during the cutting, but the Glowie handled the interruptions like a champ. More than once. Very happy. :slightly_smiling_face:

wrap_dispenser

It cuts a lot better than the box edge that comes with the roll too. Left the cutter separate since I’m thinking ahead to the big box foil dispenser and might change my mind about how to affix it. :smile:

Bottle of Crown for scale. :wink:

47 Likes

WOW! Beautiful AND functional!

2 Likes

Great solution! Does it have the zipper?

And I predict the banana will soon be replaced as a scale prop…

5 Likes

I built a zipper type arrangement for it from black acrylic and using a little blade thingie (technical term) that I was using on the old 3D printed one that I had before. :smile:

Won’t be able to use that for the foil though, so I’m going to need to figure out a way to embed a tooth strip in there somewhere, without hurting myself on it daily.

2 Likes

Wowwwwwwwwwww! Beautiful job @Jules !

1 Like

Thank you kindly y’all. The swirly stuff is the hard part of the design for me…took forever to come up with something that didn’t cause me to gag when I looked at it. :smile:

2 Likes

That looks fantastic! What is the longer edge measurement? I’m curious.

1 Like

The two things I miss from not having a Sams Club membership anymore: food service size plastic wrap and foil. I know I can get them elsewhere, but it was easy there. Nice. I’ve been wanting to do this for my small Gladwrap roll but haven’t done it yet. In the middle of a marathon order that is putting both 3D printers to work and the Glowforge.

2 Likes

About 20". It’s close to fitting the horizontal way, but didn’t quite make it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very nice! Wish I had more counter space. Is that a knife block I see? looks :glowforge:

1 Like

It very much is! :smile:

So cool!!! Nice job Jules! Way better than any of my lame passthrough experiments!

1 Like

Bottle of Crown for scale. :wink:

You mean for “Emergencies” aka when power goes out LOL :joy:

1 Like

Piffle! I’m sure they’re great - did you share any pics? :slightly_smiling_face:
(And if you did and they have vanished forever into the black hole of my memory, I apologize in advance.) :wink:

not really anything to write home about, mostly gaskets/large parts of other things. Boring stuff. I have so many cool things to make still on my list, I’ll share when I get a break from home improvement projects, summer trips, yardwork, and setting up my new 3D printer! Keep inspiring us all Jules!

1 Like