Pentagonal Hexecontahedron

Thank you @dan for sharing the video with us! Watching everyone’s reaction was more fun than making the tile for me, I think. And to think, this project started well before we knew any of us would need something to brighten our days in isolation!

22 Likes

Y’all are absolutely AAA-mazing! (Wish I had my video on so you could see my amazed reaction :))

Seeing what you all create here on the forum each day is both inspiring and humbling and gives me so much joy in my work. And this just takes it up to another level - thank you!!!

28 Likes

The video unboxing was Great!!! My grin is making my face hurt. :smile:

@dan and team, you are welcome, and thank you what you’ve made possible!

And thank you again to our amazing Project Leader :tada: :confetti_ball: @pubultrastar :confetti_ball: :tada:!!

And, since it’s what one should always do: Welcome @ThereseS, @renuka, @stuart, @AndreaR, @stujo, and @jackjs to the Glowforge Forum. I think you’ll find it an inspiring and happy place with some pretty nice folks. Don’t throw your packaging materials away, make sure the lens isn’t upside down after you clean it, never cut vinyl, and camera calibration might help. Please post your first project!

26 Likes

This was one of the most magical moments I have ever experienced at work. To have customers that care so much about us is just mind blowing.

We do what we do because we want to let everyone’s creativity soar… And this just shows how amazing it can be. Thank you so much! It was really the lift to a long couple months that we needed :heart:

28 Likes

Watching this gave me goosebumps. I’m glad you like it.

22 Likes

Now I’m curious… when did this start? :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Early February, if I recall correctly. (oops, Elsie is right, it was January)

17 Likes

January I think? Our deadline for mailing them was end of February, I remember that :smiley:

16 Likes

January 22nd was when @pubultrastar first floated the idea. :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

This brought me to tears today and I could not be MORE THANKFUL for the effort you put in to bring this to life! Thank you thank you to everyone who made this possible - it’s so inspiring for those of us who work at Glowforge. I brag about our customers constantly to my family and friends… and boy… are they in for a story this weekend!

32 Likes

So, this is so good that I’m watching it a second time. @dan did you find the key that goes with the super complex tile that you refer to as the “Dan Brown Novel”? It unlocks its secrets.

24 Likes

Just now seeing the unboxing video Friday morning - what a great way to start the day! It really is more fun to give than receive - especially when the reactions are so amazing. Thanks again to @pubultrastar for making the whole thing happen!

21 Likes

What an amazing surprise to receive from an amazing group. The Glowforge team is truly thankful!!

28 Likes

And some of us missed the thread completely (you people post WAY too much). Huge thanks to Jules and a few others for getting us in at the last minute.

This product is literally the product of my dreams. I remember seeing a laser cutter for the first time in 2000 and said I had to have one. You all literally made my personal dreams come true - so thank YOU to Dan and all of the staff. Simply an amazing company. Be super proud of what you built!

21 Likes

To those wondering how we kept it from view: this thread was created mid-March after deciding a QR code that linked to a forum post would be cool, but we kept it “under the radar” without content until “the package” was delivered.

It’s been a blast participating in this, but being able to watch the response from everyone was really rewarding.

25 Likes

Totally amazing is all I can say! We DO have the best customers!

26 Likes

Watching the video was by far the high point of my socially-distant week! :squee:

24 Likes

This was AMAZING everyone. It’s kind of hilarious that we managed to miss this and then were all just SHOCKED and AMAZED! This was so special. Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

33 Likes

The logistics of maintaining OPSEC was at least as complex as the build.

27 Likes

We kept the post generic until the package was delivered. The group was pretty anxious all week, as we knew it arrived on Tuesday. The unboxing video from @dan was worth the wait. Someday, we’d love to share the conversations in the private threads. We pushed the limits of discourse and maxed out multiple threads. We’re still using those to share our excitement with each other!

30 Likes