Pentagonal Hexecontahedron

I have watched the video SO MANY TIMES. It makes me happy. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have the book and have watched the video so many times. My goal is to see it in person one day.

It literally has everything from Dennis’s cat butt to Roy Batty’s (as rendered beautifully by @tjleasa) monolog with everything in between. It’s silly, but this damn thing cheers me up on the darkest day.

7 Likes

Sadly, it’s still sitting in @dan 's garage. It will be nice to see it at GF headquarters. I’d love for them to do another video recording of people seeing it in person. The reactions were great during the unboxing, but seeing people get to touch it and explore the tiles would be fun!

6 Likes

I’d love to take credit for it but I think @timjedwards made that one.

I love going back to watch the video occasionally too!

6 Likes

Yup, all I remembered was t-something-something, I should have looked it up. But still, a fascinating tile!

3 Likes

And a bit more work than anticipated… But I’m glad it resonated!

6 Likes

Oh you just don’t know! You managed to capture a good representation of that moment where Rutger Howard stole the movie from Harrison Ford and changed the meaning of it completely.

5 Likes

Watching the unboxing still brings a huge smile to my face :smiley: This time it occurs to me it’s also a great answer to “what kind of things can you make?” question - everything from very simple “I engraved on a piece of wood” to WILDLY complicated gears and irises and layers and lights and and and. :heart: this project, and this community.

#necrogame

11 Likes

Still the best experience/event in 2020!

7 Likes

well… to be fair there are a lot of low-bar-setting events in 2020… but i agree! it was a lot of fun to watch the reveal and the reactions.

6 Likes

Had to just watch this again this morning. Better than Prozac! :smile:

9 Likes

Wow- I ran out of likes today on this one thread! What else is there to say. I did not know of this till now and wish I had been able to join, You folks who did are more than Super Awesome :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

Dan should put this in the national advertising to show it off as it says more about Glowforge than all the rest of his advertising put together. It would be super cool to share it with the world, I mean the cardboard globe lamp was amazing, but the depth of what this means about the company is miles beyond that.

10 Likes

I agree, in a year full of sorrow and pain, this was very uplifting. Thanks all who contributed.

7 Likes

Magnificently mind-blowing, BEAUTIFUL!

7 Likes

Looks like it made its way out of Dan’s garage and onto Nick and Bailey’s live stream. Also looks like a scaled up version of the Space Shuttle sitting next to it…

15 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that it’s been making the rounds lately! :smile:

4 Likes

They are doing some reorganization at the Glowforge office. Hopefully, this finds a good home when they are done. Still looks great, even sitting on a shelf waiting.

21 Likes

The Orb has patience. The Orb has waited before. The Orb will be ready when the sigils align and the p̷o̶r̴t̶a̴l̴ opens. Soon, s̸̖͘o̸͖͗o̸̥͒ñ̷̨, i̵̟͐͝͠t̸̟̹̩̝͋̊̓ ̵̮̥́͒̒̿b̶̡̈̿͠e̶̹͓͖͂̒͘g̵̮̺͕̠̓į̵̼̖̙̆̋̃̚ṋ̷̩̞̇̍̚s̴̪̲̩̕ ̵̭̯̪́̇ȃ̵̪̝̪g̵̺̱̈́̀̓͛ą̷̰̰̒̍͘i̵̝̕ṋ̷̼͎̺̿̀͐

13 Likes

Are you sneaking into the office at night? :wink:

8 Likes

No, but I have a guy on the inside. Shhh.

11 Likes