Perfect Alignment Every Time - The Fiducial Alignment Ruler (design in post)

Amazing idea, thanks!

So, is anyone making good use of this tool? Any feedback since its been out there a while? Would love to hear what people think after using it.

I personally use it all the time and try to put it in most of my designs so I can get them exactly where I want

Would love to try it out :joy:, but I still havent heard any word about Snapmarks and my GF… im waiting patiently, nervous but patiently​:wink:

Works great for me. I tried your ruler today on a small bit of scrap Baltic Birch Ply and it cut exactly where I hoped. Incidentally, I also discovered that you can copy & paste extra parts after the Magnet scan, snugging them up to the pre-existing parts, then print.

Yeah I use that quite often! I cut a lot of. If batches of things, so I often just put the alignment ruler on the corner of the material and arrange everything based on that. Sometimes the image is a 1/4” off, but I know everything is correct as long as snapmarks are working.

It’s a huge load off to know it’s just going to work

Spent the weekend helping my youngest build and test her catapult design. Pass-through plus snapmarks to the rescue! Perfect cuts of two 10x30 (outline) side plates, followed by normal cuts of struts, gears, etc.

Then to the decorations, color printed on paper, snapmark-cut to cover the curved sides and avoid gears, holes, etc, sprayed with sticky tack and pressed on. Easy, fast, and professional looking!

Edit: Hah, sorry, thought this was the general snapmark thread… Just cruising along through my stack of unreads. I’ll just leave this here anyway. Haven’t printed your universal tool yet, but I will! I’ve needed it in the past many times.

Thats amazing, thanks for sharing!