Perfect Alignment Every Time - The Fiducial Alignment Ruler (design in post)

Any tips on filling the marks on acrylic? I used a dark blue acrylic and has thinking about using a white grease pencil but haven’t purchased one yet.

That will work or acrylic paint works ok.

I usually use white acrylic and a dry erase marker

1 Like

Black alcohal based ink worked for me

How fabulous! Thank you for an amazing share!

3 Likes

I am a newbie — is this in svg format, or do I have to have AI to open and save as an svg?
Thank you so much and thank you @takitus

So…I’m at the GF, with the ruler printed inside, I loaded up another file with the ruler in it…and it’s not doing squat. How exactly am I supposed to use this?

Do you have snapmarks on your machine? (Little magnet icon)?

This is AWESOME! Took the file into AutoCAD and now I’m creating several other “templates” and jigs with it. Great idea!!!

1 Like

I do not. Shouldn’t I have by now? What’s going on with all the missing features of this thing @dan?

It’s been over three years since kickstarter.

It’s not a promised feature or a missing feature. It’s something in beta right now that only some people have while they’re testing it, and is given out randomly.

Unfortunately this particular device is of little to no use without snapmarks being enabled on your machine.

Not that’s I’ve got it back I need to make these. Curses - another project :wink:

2 Likes

Took me being home sick to get around to these but I finally made a set.

Thanx again.

1 Like

Great looking magnets in these pics!

2 Likes

You got that right! I use them all the time.

3 Likes

I don’t mean this feature itself, but a ton of the alignment, passthrough slot stuff, etc are still MIA.

That they are. From my understanding, snapmarks are a usable midway point between release and fully automated passthrough alignment.

1 Like

Yes I feel the same way!

I’m a stickler for perfection, and I’ve been hoping Snapmarks gets added to my account, I have a lot of uses for it.

1 Like

This is amazing! Should definitely help me with some of my alignment issues towards the edges of the print bed. Thank you for doing this.

1 Like

Just to add my thanks for this as well! You rock, my friend!

HI
Thanks for making this
I am new to my GF Pro
I downloaded the zip, unzipped and now have the .ai file. Now what
Thanks for your time
Bernie