Periodic Table of the Elements in AI

I had an idea for using the periodic table. Easy enough to build one yourself from scratch, but why bother when it already exists in a very-well organized vector format as an AI file under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License:

39 Likes

I can see where this will come in handy. Bookmarked!

Thank you.

5 Likes

Ditto. This’ll look cool in acrylic.

5 Likes

It would look cool in acrylic…might use one of the Proofgrade sheets for that…I’ve been trying to decide what to do with them. :heart_eyes:

(That would be a worthy project.)

5 Likes

Great find, bookmarked.

FYI:
I have noticed that each element is in it’s own, separate, black-stroked, white-filled box. Good for pulling a single element out, but (at least as far as i understand the software at this point) it would be a lot of double-engraves if it was sent directly to the GF as is.

2 Likes

That is actually how I was thinking of using this file, pulling out the elements I need to make some dorky signs/nameplates for a couple of the ChemEs that I work with

2 Likes

Yes. This would be a great test for the acrylic. I have some smaller Proofgrade scraps that I can print a mini table on that would still be legible. Tonight!

4 Likes

Can probably be rasterized quickly if you wanted to do just an engrave of the whole thing. But thanks for the heads-up.

(Might be a good Illustrator demo.)

5 Likes

oh, um… yeah. You are quite right. I think of everything in terms of pure vector output these days, because of my plotter.

3 Likes

Chuckle! So do i…working on all of those tuts a month ago reminded me. :smile:

Awesome find. Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome! I will need to make something with it to give to my neighbor who loves Chemistry. :nerd: Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

For some of us non chemist, I have a program on my iPad and iPhone called “Elements” not cheap, but very good.

1 Like

Text is still text in this file as imported into Inkscape. This gets stripped out if importing into GFUI. Going to save it as a PNG and engrave. Will work on converting text to paths later.

5 Likes