Photo Engravings!

My first attempt at photo engraving on 1/8” maple plywood. These were a surprise gift set for a grandma, mom and daughter trio and I only had a high res photo for one. You can definitely see the difference in details with the lower res photos. Overall, I’m happy with how they turned out so far!

UPDATE Included the original high res photo and the photo I used for engraving after prepping it in Photoshop.

102 Likes

I wish I could get mine to turn out like yours! Mine always make my niece look really creepy. :frowning:

7 Likes

Those turned out really beautifully.

1 Like

Great job!

1 Like

It took a little prep work in Photoshop and testing different settings!

Thank you!

Thank so much!

Those are very nice.

1 Like

Could you explain your process of what you might be doing? I’d love to hear if anything special.

Could you explain how u got these to come out so good?

4 Likes

Gosh, these are amazing! Especially the high rez one!

1 Like

You certainly have this technique down. Those turned out great.

1 Like

Wow, that first one! The frames really add some class, too!

4 Likes

I have to agree. These are all very good, but the first one is stunning. I literally vocalized “WOW!”

5 Likes

It’s really with the photo prep! I looked through the forums on the best way to do this. Having a good contrast with blacks/whites and not too many grays does the trick!

3 Likes

or is your niece just creepy? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

my thoughts exactly. Sheesh I need to work more on that. the results are clearly worth the effort.

1 Like

Those are incredible. I could stare at the detail in the high res photo for quite a while–the baby is cute too.

2 Likes

Haha. No, she isn’t creepy, her parents just tend to take outside pictures and she is squinting in them, so her eyes get lost.

3 Likes

I know that pain. my younger daughter(of 2) is super light sensitive so it is “ok we count to three and you open your eyes”… so we can snap the pic

1 Like