Photo Engravings!

As posted above, and per forum guidelines:

We can’t discuss settings here, and every photo is going to require individualized work to get it to look good - it’s absolutely a trial and error sport.

This may help you on your way though!

The Tips and Tricks category is chock full of useful guides for almost everything
The Beyond the Manual section is full of settings for a multitude of materials

5 Likes

These are beautiful! Very, very well done!

1 Like

Thank you very much! I’m new to here as I just got my machine. So trying to learn and navigate where the best place to find stuff. Haha

2 Likes

How did you edit the photo. Do you have a video walk threw and the settings used on the engrave please. I really need help leaning this

Even if you don’t have Photoshop, all these commands exist in some form in pretty much every editing software - so give this a go!

I played around with settings in photoshop. But I’ve found the higher res the photo is to begin with, the better the engraving.

Here are a few helpful links:

2 Likes

higher res and higher quality. a properly exposed, in focus photo with good contrast will always be easier to get a good engrave out of than a fuzzy, low contrast photo. GIGO applies here very strongly.

1 Like

Agreed, however my customers are not always able to provide a high res/high quality photo. Therefore, I do my best to edit in photoshop.

understandable. but in the end, there’s only so much you can do. so expectations need to be set. the original in the example you shared is a very high quality photo to start with.

1 Like

is this all you say? copy and paste or can you elaborate a little more? not trying to sound rude, but your replies come off as snobby because its the same response

You are posting on an 8 month old thread, and you want to revive the discussion this way?

10 Likes

THANK YOU! My thoughts exactly!

1 Like

I’m a little confused by your comment, honestly. If I’ve copied/pasted a response in any forum it was likely to address a question that was repeated. The fact is I spent a lot of time testing settings and pieces. Photo engravings can be tricky and my settings could still come out differently on your piece, even if you used my settings. Not all photos and materials are the same quality. I’ve also searched this forum for settings to test and made adjustments from there.

Those who have needed further help or had more specific questions have sent me private messages that I responded to. I’m always happy to help if I can. So…I’m not entirely sure how you felt I came off as “snobby?” So if you have something specific you’d like to ask me, then feel free to message me.

6 Likes