Practial Cuts - More "Floating" Comic Sans House Numbers

More “floating” house numbers, on our newly constructed ADU. Magnets on the back of the numbers click onto deck screws. Yes, type snobs, that’s MS Comic Sans, just like my mailbox and curb numbers!

Easy to rearrange if you’re expecting to an early morning visit from law enforcement! :sunglasses:

37 Likes

Nice, clean look. Always best to keep the fonts consistent.

12 Likes

There’s no rule in the HOA against comic sans? Why even have an HOA if not to keep the font riffraff out? :wink:

22 Likes

You are history’s greatest monster.

11 Likes

That looks classy…

8 Likes

Nice looking. Are the magnets capable of keeping them in place in a strong wind?

8 Likes

@beerfaced: Hanging tight so far. Similar, but much smaller, numbers on the main house for almost 4 years (Floating Acrylic House Numbers (Comic Sans Of Course!)). Heavy winds within the last week with no issues with either structures’ house numbers. :sunglasses: :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

13 Likes

I’d somehow missed your first post - that’s brilliant. I love the idea of just using the screws and magnets!

Comic sans looks like my handwriting, so I think it’s a great font :smiley:

10 Likes

Agreed; at house-numbers size, it looks quite fine.

9 Likes

very nice. i was curious about the mounting when i first looked at the photo. an interesting solution.

i did mine a little differently. i have a layer of clear acrylic underneath, but scaled smaller. and i used that second piece to insert 1/2" brads with an engrave to inset the head of the brad. just goes to show there’s more than one way to skin a cat.

9 Likes

lol Umm I’m afraid to ask
Hahaha!!

10 Likes

Looks nice. I like the black against the blue house.

6 Likes

Awesome!

4 Likes

Great size. So much easier to find your house number from the street.

6 Likes