Pre Release: Beer/Cider 4 Pack

The deluxe version could have a logo engraved veneer covering the sides with all the joints.

Donā€™t want to even think how expensive the beer/cider would have to be to make that worth it!

4 Likes

I get mine from Fellars or Grimco, but you need an account for those.
Signwarehouse sells to anyone, but you never really know how old the material is, if it has been stored properly, or how hot it got in the delivery truck. These things have an effect. Same from amazon.

Personally I like the TransferRite products better than the R.Tape products. I have both on my shelf right now, as well as some endura tape (signwarehouse brand) that was sent by accident.
( signwarehouse has sent me the wrong product on a few occasions. Each time (once notified) they have sent a new shipment with the correct product, and told me to keep the other one as an apology, rather then ask for it to be shipped back )

2 Likes

I guess I was lucky. Sign Warehouse never messed up an order for me in 10 years.

I used primarily R-Tape Conform since I dealt mostly with cars, trucks and jetskis, just made it easier working around the curves.

2 Likes

Update:

Turns out he had the circumference of his ā€œgrolschā€ bottles for flat cider rather than the beer 22oz bottles, so it fits perfectly on those, but will need to tweak the sizes for the 22oz beer bottles.

We had intended to take a pic of their Honey Lager in the holder, hence why it is on the bee frames on the tractor, but this is flat-cider.

Hopefully tonight can do the 22oz version.

19 Likes

Iā€™ve got 6 and 8 pack beer caddy designs if you want those. Just drop me a note.

3 Likes

So I just got in my order of this ply from Amazonā€¦I must have gotten a really bad batchā€¦both sides were full of knots and discolorationsšŸ˜• Iā€™m returning it and sticking to woodworkerssource.com. only a few $ more but way better qualityā€¦

7 Likes

Thank you for being a tester! I was thinking of ordering some. I really love the Proofgrade but there are times (like when Iā€™m likely to be gluing) where Iā€™d like some unfinished ply.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to try theirs as well. For the 4-packs, cheapness is the goal of course, since they are essentially disposable. Both folks so far like a rustic look anywayā€¦

3 Likes

I got mine and like it for $3 a sheet. Iā€™d love to see an objective comparison of them.

3 Likes

From whoā€¦woodworkersource or amazon??

I agree, for the beer bottle totes or single cut designs, its not as critical. But it limits what I can on larger designs or fitting many on one sheet and cutting for bulk ordersā€¦its a pain to have to reconfigure the position for each board to avoid knots and suchā€¦

1 Like

Both, compared.

1 Like

Well soon I will have both so can cut the same job on both.

2 Likes

You should let them and the seller know. Iā€™ve been using them for a couple of years and havenā€™t had any Iā€™d reject.

2 Likes

I didā€¦Iā€™ll just stick with what I order now, although I discovered there is a Woodcraft.com store in town. Their birch is a bit higher than the others with shipping so no savings there but if I need something in a crunchā€¦

2 Likes

Yep theyā€™re good. I have one too. I can get the full sheets there and then cut them up on the table saw.

They also carry bunches of other cool woods (not always in great sizes though :slightly_frowning_face:) and Iā€™ve had fun with some of those. Never saw purpleheart in real life until I found the store. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to head over soon to see what all they haveā€¦
Yeah the large sheets are cheaper if you cut them down yourself but I can barely fit a half sheet in my Kia Soul though. Maybe I can bat my eyes at the saw guy, like I do at my plexiglass place, and get them to cut it down for meā€¦lmaoā€¦

6 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s my problem too. If I have the car I can only fit a 30x48 piece. Thatā€™s one of the reasons I like Amazon - someone else cuts it up and sends me a box the day after I order it :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I guess I should get over being frustrated that I have to drop the tailgate on my truck to fit 4x8 sheets flat in the bed :unamused:

12 Likes