Pre-Release | Happy Pi Day

Supplies: Proofgrade 1/8" frosted acrylic - Op time: 20mins

Happy Pi Day.

83 Likes

Ha! I just love this. Are you going to light it up? It looks great!!

4 Likes

Wasn’t planning on that…Hrmm.

I gave it to my wife as a desk ‘thingy’ at work.

11 Likes

Is the background a wingding of the numbers that make pi or something? Or just random?

Looks awesome!

2 Likes

Didn’t you count??? There are 3,142 of them! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I am looking at the background pattern and don’t see the pattern duplicated. How did you do that?:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very nice. See how a glowforge can make every day just that much better :smile:

4 Likes

I’m struggling today.

Should a be enjoying Pi day or celebrating 30 years of marriage :couplekiss:. It’s good to be able to do both.

13 Likes

Very nice!! (what is the sizeof it? I first thought it was big like a place mat until I saw it being cut next to the Proofgrade ™ code).

2 Likes

Congrats! in 1 year and 51 days it will be your PiVersary!

6 Likes

Neato!

(Never heard of Pi day before joining this group…guess I’m not as much of a nerd as i thought I was!) :smile:

Congrats on making 30 years! (Definitely celebrate the anniversary!)

5 Likes

Interesting how many people don’t understand Pi day (the 3.14 reference). I’m officially declaring that March 21st be known as “Blast-off” day ! Get the word out :grinning:) :rocket:

15 Likes

Thinking of Pi Day… this year Pi Day is on a Wednesday.

Many restaurants/diners have free Pie with Entree on Wednesdays.

I know of Shari’s, Baker’s Square, O’Charley’s and Village Inn.

Sure, it isn’t as awesome as baking your own… but for those not kitchen-inclined, or just too busy mid week… Enjoy.

(Our youngest son celebrated his personal Pi Day there a few months back. Everyone was quite confused when we told the family what we were doing ;))

1 Like

Pi Day is today! Its Tuesday!

3 Likes

And isn’t Wednesday the Ides of March?

4 Likes

Now you just made his week a day longer :grin:

3 Likes

unless hes from the future…

Jacob! When does the first release unit ship?!

8 Likes

Et tu, Brute?

3 Likes

Happy 30th anniversary! And happy pi day, though 30th anniversaries only come around once and pi day stands a good chance is happening every year :smile:

3 Likes

Being a programmer at heart, I’ve celebrated the “power of two” anniversaries with my wife since we were married. Second, fourth, eighth, sixteenth, …

The next one will be our 64th in 2045. Maybe I should have selected something a bit less exponential.

9 Likes