Pre-Release: Just a Quick One

We were at Ace Hardware last night and I scored some cedar grilling skewers, which I thought would be a lot of fun for tags and such.

I still can’t spend a lot of time on the computer on account of my hand, but I just had to try it. It took 3 tries to get the engrave settings to not cut all the way through (these skewers are .1" thick and .35" high), and I could still increase the speed a bit to make the engrave shallower. I think it looks nice in the Papyrus font, don’t you? :wink:

59 Likes

I’m impressed with how that engraved (and your bold choice to use Papyrus :wink: ) Very cool. Hope your hand gets better soon.

15 Likes

I do. This is a very appropriate use for Papyrus. As opposed to the credits on a movie, for example. (ugh)

7 Likes

Have you seen this?

6 Likes

Wow! With all that is going on in the world, I had no idea how incredibly critical font choice was for a film until I read some of the comments to that blog…

How could I have been so unaware? How could I have actually liked the use of this particular font in this film? But then again, I suppose it should be no surprise – I’ve actually been known, under cover of darkness and deep in the shadows, to use Comic Sans on occasion, and even Morpheus in my personal art studio logo…

Luckily I’ve been able to keep the shame from my family. LOL :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

I had never paid much attention to my use of fonts until this forum. I am learning tons from you guys. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Ha! Appropriate use of Papyrus. and Some fine detail there. Pretty good alignment. I can see things like:

Pork
Chicken
Beef
Lamb to identify the kebabs!

11 Likes

21 Likes

You are not alone. I liked it too - and thought it matched the movie perfectly.
And I’m a trained Graphic Designer!

At least it wasn’t Comic Sans eh?

5 Likes

I think movies should concentrate first on subtitles that are not the same color as the background and the font second. Have they ever considered a subtitle option in the letterbox?? Radical innovator I am.

4 Likes

Love this! Will be great to stick on steaks or cheese!

Rare/Medium/Well Done
Wagyu/Bison/Angus

Now I’m hungry

2 Likes