Pre-Release | Little Test Engrave for Depth

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Amazing

4 Likes

Great, I just lost 3 minutes of life and there’s drool on my keyboard.
Kidding aside, HOLY CRAP THAT’S AWESOME!

9 Likes

That is beautiful __ such incredible detail. Makes me even more eager :slight_smile:

3 Likes

[enter appreciative swear words here] wow.

5 Likes

That is COOOL!!! C’Mon July!

5 Likes

The depth of the engrave is awesome! That’s a beautiful bee! Exceptional work @Takitus!!

4 Likes

Great jumpin’ horny toads!!! That’s amazing!

7 Likes

Love, love, love the detail!

5 Likes

Wow another good example of an awesome engraving. Thanks for taking the pictures and posting them. Lovely :blush:

6 Likes

ok… I thought somebody would say it…

BEE- utiful !! :bee:

I wonder how something like that would look like with a yellow/black 2 color acrylic (one of inventibles or laserbits 2 color laminates)

12 Likes

Highly detailed design! I wonder what the LPI setting was?

2 Likes

I used the default ‘dark’ setting, which sets it at 340LPI.

5 Likes

Thanks!
The idea of multicolored acrylic for detail on deep engraves is intriguing.

1 Like

yeah! I wish someone was able to produce acrylic that changed color slowly with depth! I remember asking about it in the forums a long time ago, and some people posted a couple interesting links in the replies:

7 Likes

Years ago you used to see a material cut into cabs at gem shows, that consisted of many layers of color with cool contrast between the layers. What it turned out to be made of was the chunks of paint from the cleaning of paint spraying equipment at auto plants. It was beautiful! Haven’t seen it in years, maybe the auto plants have changed their painting processes. Maybe one could make their own by laying down many layers of paint on an appropriate substrate. It would take a long time though.

12 Likes

Ive heard of this, its awesome looking!! They call it fordite! (well the ones from the ford plant at least)

One of the more famous prop makers in the industry (volpin props) gives away his paint and resin gems that he calls volpinite. so cool!

26 Likes

Exactly! Now, try making some!

So those would be enamel? or possibly acrylic - depending on paint?

2 Likes

That’s really neat!

2 Likes

Sounds easy to make as long as you don’t require complete uniformity.

1 Like