Pre-Release | What the deuce?

Simple yet functional. Awesome.
I especially like the part that you used the cutout from Bleach to hold the Acrylic.

3 Likes

So amazing! Yes, I like that you had a problem. You drew up a solution and laser made it so quickly!!!

Alters the way the brain thinks :smile:

2 Likes

Nice example of the use of 1/4" acrylic. Hint to those heading to Inventables. Good design. Thanks.

3 Likes

Great jod.

1 Like

Job

1 Like

Very nice! So using the non-proofgrade acrylic, you kept the plastic covering on it rather than removing and using tape (or paper tape) - any issues with that? I also noticed one stand was cut in a different order than the other. First one was outside then inside, the 2nd was inside then outside. Is cut order still random or did you choose any particular order?

2 Likes

Is that a 1000 ft of 6 inch blue painters tape or ?

2 Likes

Homestarrunner reference? Coach Z

2 Likes

3 of these:

http://www.laserbits.com/laser-supplies/masking-materials/sus-016-paper-mask-medium-tack-12-in-100-yds.html

7 Likes

I just left the defaults. But yes you can change the order of the ops.

1 Like

Dang that’s expensive masking. (12"x100yrdsx4mil $69.99)
It had better work incredibly well!

I’m planning on using this stuff. (12"x100yrdsx4.2mil $38.60)

15 Likes

Ah thats a bit cheaper. I got mine for free as part of a deal, so no qualms on price for me. Is that one laser safe? If so when I run out I might pick some up from there!

4 Likes

It seems to be, according to the manufacturer. I use it already for vinyl transfer masking, it has been more consistent quality for me than some of the other brands (from those companies catering to the vinyl/signage industry)

10 Likes

That’s what I use for both vinyl transfers and paper mask for lasering.

11 Likes

That could help put the pass-thru to a test !!!(now to find the 1000 ft board…)

6 Likes

I wonder if we could make player piano rolls with it.

3 Likes

Seen this thread?

(ooh, and this one?)

2 Likes

On a more modest scale I posted this topic last March.

7 Likes

oh sure guys just show my inadequacies at forum reading. I’m so looking forward to catching up on those. Thanks!

2 Likes

Oh that’s epic