Preventing "Death from a Thousand Cuts"

I keep a kevlar glove in the box with my “real” mandoline. All its attachments are brutal sharp!

4 Likes

You May Like Tools For Your Birthday, But I Do Not.
Boom, sub-zero.
In about three days the house will start to warm back up as you ponder a new tattoo that says appliances are tools, not needful things.

2 Likes

I feel for you guys - I actually like getting kitchen gadgets. :smile:

BUT

Do try to vary it up a little. For three years, I received one knife at each birthday, Christmas and anniversary event, until I had the entire set of knives. For the next 3 years, I received one pot or skillet at each event, until I had enough cookware for the induction unit.

Don’t get me wrong, they were good knives and pots. Nice gifts. But starting this year, he’s out of ideas, and starting to panic. I can see it in his eyes. :rofl:

6 Likes

I’m with you - not at all offended if I get some small or large appliance that I would want (or even asked for). The reverse is true too - I’ve surprised my hubs with a riding lawnmower - and he was thrilled.

1 Like

Have you got your Elegoo printer yet? You can always print out a few web pages and leave them about.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen you mention cooking sous vide yet…

2 Likes

Yep…got one. It’s sitting upstairs unopened, along with about $300 worth of resin. :roll_eyes:

I got slightly sidetracked by another toy that I recently acquired, and using it is going to require a much higher learning curve…we’re talkin’ months to years if I take my time. So I’ve been reading up. Trying to not sound like the village idiot on the forum…and failing rather miserably. So I’m not saying much there yet.

Very tall hill ahead.

It’s not something that you use to make things with though, folks here wouldn’t be interested.

1 Like

I’ve done some. :slightly_smiling_face:

The thing with sous vide is…it takes just as long or longer to precook as it does to just cook it to order the first time…and I know how to do that. (For just the two of us it’s not as efficient. Might be different if I was feeding a large group.)

1 Like

Like the folks with Teslas? or the foodies, or the dogs,goats, and horses? or spiny hamsters, or frogs?

1 Like

ROFL! Fair point…it’s a frequency generator. Signals and waveforms are pretty much Greek to me.

(The musicians in the group here would probably have a MUCH easier time of it.) :smile:

I am definitely starting out as the village idiot there.

2 Likes

I have a big Casio keyboard for that. My musical skills cannot do it justice.

1 Like

My mom forced me to take a year or two of piano lessons when I was a child…it didn’t take for me. (It did stick with my sister.)

I lack the knack. :smile:

That’s cool. Which one did you go with?

GB4000/MOPA and BCX Standard/FIR. Also large plasma tube for projecting signals up to 30 feet.

Are you familiar with their uses? (That would be handy.)

Well dang…I just ordered one, too. Thank you…I think! We need to create an ‘enabler’ thread, don’t you agree? I’ve certainly done my share, but so have many other in here. :hugs:

3 Likes

A good knack for wordplay though :rofl:

Back in the AOL era, these folk had a special one price got you everything they ever did forever, so I went for it even though all I wanted to do at the time was rotate a video 90 degrees. As AOL was using a lot of .wavs I ended up plating with their sound stuff and was impressed that I could take the sound os a person laughing and way lower the octaves and not slow the speed and so had a dragon laughing. and did that for a lot of stuff like blending one sound into another etc.

Though I guess you are looking radio waves instead pf sound?

2 Likes

:rofl: I haven’t got that far yet! :smile:

the audio I linked is free.

Yeah, I know, but I’m not even to the point of generating the signals yet, much less converting them.

Like I said…I’ve got a STEEP climb ahead of me! :smile:

1 Like

Not for that application, but for designing and testing electronic circuits as a hobby.