Printer head not moving and stuck centering

i am having trouble with my glowforge pro. I have gone through the forums and have done all that is instructed. I have 2 items left to get out this week and while cutting one of them, The printer head would not re-center. I dont know what else to try.

It’s hard to know what “all” is, since it’s pretty much impossible to read everything here in…well, I’ve been working on it every day for two years now, and haven’t managed it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: So in case you might have missed something, here’s a list of troubleshooting steps so you can make sure you’ve hit them all: Stuck Centering/Focusing: How to Troubleshoot for potential Lid Cable issues before contacting Support 😲

It’s usually a wifi issue, but occasionally the black lid cable needs to be replaced. Support will be able to tell for sure, but since you’re in a hurry, let’s hope it’s wifi. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too! So far all support has said is to check cables, which I have. I’ve done everything people say in the forums and no luck. When I hear back from support again I’ll let you know if I figure it out

This has happened to me a few times, and for whatever reason this seems to work:

1. Power off your Glowforge.
  2. Open the lid.
  3. Gently pull the gantry forward or back to the middle of the bed.
  4. Gently pull the laser head right or left to position it so the Glowforge logo on top will be directly under the lid camera.
  5. Close the lid.
  6. Turn your Glowforge on and cross your fingers.

This appears to help the system re-aquire the ability to complete the centering process (for me, anyway).

4 Likes

that would be great. thanks

did this multiple times , no go. It is weird. I can hear the machine start up but it sounds like it is struggling to move the printer head

2 Likes

If you’ve read all the threads, you’ll know their standard response requires you to check the connectors for the lid cables, per the example I’ve pasted below. If you confirm that, it may accelerate the process of sending out a new one.

done this already. i have read through all the forums and done all that has been requested.

Good. Saying “you’ve done everything” doesn’t help support. Knowing you’ve specifically checked the connectors they ask for means they can take the next step when they see this thread.

2 Likes

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

1 Like