Printing foto stopped during print

Seat that screw if it isn’t. If it is, as Jules suggested I would remove that screw. There is more than enough with those two remaining screws to hold that piece of angle on there. All they have to support is the weight of that small piece of aluminum angle. One screw could easily do that in terms of load, the second is only required to establish absolute linear stability.

Given the choice of shipping the unit back or pulling that screw, I would opt for the screw. That’s just me.

4 Likes

I didn’t think we had one in Oregon until my older brother told the story about when he was touring through a castle somewhere in Germany or Austria and another person nearby asked if he was from Oregon…after he had heard my brother speaking to someone. Whomever asked him about it surely must have been to Oregon at some point in time…otherwise, pretty obscure chances.

2 Likes

I don’t think that would be the best Solution for the long run. Because the connector is wiggling during printing and therefore I think gets disconnected. And could get damaged during the long run. But sending back the glowforge is also not the solution for me. I hope glow Forge allows me to solve The problem without losing warranty. And maybe send me the right glue/sticker to reattach the cable. @dan
And explain to me what is the best way to do this. Thanks :pray: everyone for helping out!!! :ok_hand::ok_hand:

@versterre, I am am hoping that we get this solved. My Latin and French teacher was from the Netherlands so it is a country that I hold dear in my heart. I had the pleasure of learning four years of Latin and three years of French from him, but the greatest thing was eventually being able to teach on the faculty with him. Eventually I became headmaster of the school where he taught and I helped him transition into retirement. He was still teaching five hours a day when he turned 84 years old. So that makes me predisposed to love anyone who is Dutch. He introduced me to Dutch licorice and that there is more to Dutch cheese than Gouda. @darkdesign was an early Dutch member on this forum and I was so happy to see him jump right in.

I can’t give you much advice on this issue, but I am I will tell you one thing. I am seriously looking at doing a vacation in February. Flights to Amsterdam from St. Louis are very cheap and I Amsterdam is only two hours away from my relatives in Germany.

Keep posting how things go and I hope we get this sorted out without having to ship back. By the way, never apologize for your English. After all, English is basically just an old form of Dutch that went off the rails, getting screwed up with some Saxon and French.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for providing all of this amazing information, and images. I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge, and I did see that you were able to continue printing. Thats great! I apologize for the delayed response.

However, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.