Printing leather

my delicate cuts on leather burns even on proofgrade thin leather

You may have to mask your material and speed up the cut or reduce the power.

5 Likes

Depending on how delicate you’re asking it, it may be beyond the capabilities of the material. Are you willing to show us the design you’re looking to cut?

4 Likes

absolutely how do i get you the pic

1 Like

It’s slightly different whether you’re on a phone/tablet or desktop - but click Reply then find the upload icon (image), click it, find your design, click Open, and then wait for it to appear, then click the Reply button to post.

1 Like

IMG_2926

1 Like

I think the cuts are too close together which encourages too much heat in one small space.

5 Likes

Do you have masking on the leather as you’re doing those cuts? It may just be a surface burn.

or I think you could probably make it work if you make the top cuts and the bottom cuts different colours so they cut at different times. Do you know how to do that?

2 Likes

I agree with above, but you could quickly test it by deleting every 2nd cut and running a print and seeing how it comes out.

1 Like

i do not know how to deletethe cuts. as you can tell i am trying to make earrings. the leather is proofgrade and is masked. i really appreciate you all for trying to help an old granny learn how tos. thank you
is there a solution or product that may remove the surface burns?

1 Like

Go into your design app, ungroup everything, then click on every 2nd cut and hit delete.

3 Likes

i can do that! thank you

3 Likes

There are several posts regarding cleaning char off of leather if you have time to use the search function. Here is one such post: Cleaning laser residue on leather

1 Like

I can’t tell by the pic - but is it just char that needs to be cleaned off?

1 Like

I like the ‘orange’ soap. Works well!

2 Likes

There are leather soaps and cleaners, I find a baby-wipe do a pretty good job especially if you do it right after pulling them out (don’t let it sit overnight). Folks have had good luck with hand sanitizer too. Personally I use Honey leather conditioner after cleaning to re-soften the leather, but that’s less important in earrings I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.