PrintingToLaser!

I have been using the Cintique for a couple of years now, and I love it. Good job!

3 Likes

Thank you :thumbsup:

Yes @ian, it is! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!! Couldnā€™t have happened to a nicer guy.

As for your yen for a Cintic, my partner just bought me a previous-model 21" (the 21UX) for $800 from eBay, in perfect shape, so great deals on the big ones do exist. If you want to try it out, Iā€™ll cart it over to you for a visit, including the laptop that has Creative Suite 4, Inkscape, and Gimp installed on itā€“that is, if you let me push the big Glowing button once or twice :stuck_out_tongue:
ā€™

12 Likes

AWESOME!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB, COULDNā€™T WAIT FOR YOU TO GET HERE!!

And already making awesome stuff, I see!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome!

Denver is only 7 hours away right? Hmmā€¦

4 Likes

Thank you Morgan!
He found a great deal on that 21"! :sunglasses: Unfortunately my desire for one and my ability to pay for one exist at opposite ends of reality. :wink:
Very generous offer! That Adobe suite looks very powerful, is #4 subscription also?

Iā€™ll bet you have been more diligent than I and have a bunch of files prepped. You are more than welcome to print on this machine, but considering the proliferation of units shipping, I suspect you are high on Ritaā€™s list!
Is your area ready to install one?

4 Likes

@PrintToLaser, congratulations! This is great! You may have had a delayed start but I think youā€™re making up for it in spades :smile: Canā€™t wait to see you put it through its paces. Youā€™ve always had so much to offer the forums and I think that just increased even more :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thank you Sir!
Everyone waiting on one of these has a real treat in store! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I believe it, but right now itā€™s like sitting in the Ice Cream Shop (Braumā€™s for me) and thinking, "did they have to go and raise the cow, then milk it, then make the ice cream?!? Please give me my ice cream :tired_face: I have seldom had a time where I found patience as hard to come by as it is right now waiting on the Glowforge. If I had to preach on patience right now I would also have to be the first to respond to my sermon, and that gets a little awkward sometimes :blush: I know @dan and the crew are busting their butts, doesnā€™t help with the anticipation any though :dizzy_face:

I finally decided, last night, after I get through Easter I think Iā€™m going to go ahead and order some leather working supplies and start on that. It was always going to be a fair part of what I wanted to do with my Glowforge anyway, and a lot of that will still need to be done by hand. Also gives me a reason to go ahead and finish up my workspace.

8 Likes

Definitely get everything ready to go now. Ritaā€™s email was like a bolt out the blue! :zap:

Remember the Boy Scout mottoā€¦ Be prepared.

4 Likes

Iā€™m tempting fate on purpose wanting to get caught! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

umā€¦yes. :slight_smile:

Or you could have waited until the ice cream was made but then you couldnā€™t influence the flavors available and would pay twice as much :smile:

4 Likes

I hear that! Seeing all of the prereleases go round I was fine until then, and that green-eyed monster started stirring. I did my best to console myself that the increasing frequency meant it was getting closer, and then came the emailā€¦:tada::gift: Now I have guilt.

9 Likes

very good point on maple first vs leather. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

omg - I saw that and involuntarily uttered out loud, ā€œTHAT is SO COOLā€. Great design, and congrats!

5 Likes

Thank you :sunglasses:
Heā€™s going to look good on almost anything, but my mindā€™s eye sees leather for some reason.
The maple proofgrade looked really good, but flat black spray paint in the engrave gives a nice contrast.

This is where material masking shows itā€™s power, the laser cuts it perfectly. Paint and peel. Done.

2 Likes

Sure, be reasonable about it all!

2 Likes

Na, donā€™t let the guilt get you, the rest of us will catch up soon enough! :smile:

2 Likes

OMGā€¦ I wouldnā€™t be able to think/eat/sleep/do anything. I give you 5,000,000 pts for the most amazing will power!

6 Likes

It was Terrible :persevere:.

6 Likes