Production Unit IS in USE!

I swear that wasn’t me talking. That was grown-up me… somewhere in the distant future. Not young me where I’m only in my mid-40’s.

2 Likes

if you are lucky like me, that “grown-up you” will keep watching and waiting, and then finally give up, back his bags, and shake his head as he heads out the door, realizing that he is never going to be able to take up residence in your house. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Yeah. He gets pretty loud sometimes. Especially when it comes to financial responsibilities. Gosh… I kinda miss the days when I’d just live paycheck to paycheck, buying whatever I felt like. But no, grown-up me is all “You have to save your money. If you ever want to get out of this crappy neighborhood, you’ll listen to me.” He’s right, of course. But I hate that he’s right. :wink:

5 Likes

You can try Inventables.

Glowfordge uses them too.

5 Likes

I watched it over 5 days (2 per day) … it is a lot easier to keep everything in your head that way, rather than stretching it out over 10 weeks :slight_smile: I wonder if they’ll drop them all on us at once next year too.

1 Like

Yep! I’m familiar. Just all so new to me!

1 Like

The ones we have here vary by the part of town. (The ritzy side charges more for everything ) so if there is more than one around, like the song says… you better shop around. Ha! And check back regularly…stock changes pretty regularly.

1 Like

@PlGHEADED: no kidding. It IS PLG with lowercase L. And here I thought you just had a self-deprecating username all this time.

10 Likes

Join my club, Tom. I’m JUST now beginning to try materials other than PG. Found a $1 photo frame at Michaels and put a masking on it…had to guess at the settings, but did measure the thickness. It engraved some text just fine, but the design I hand drew on it and set to score did OK but in a few places just burned through to the other side.

I just ordered some Baltic birch from Prime, so my education continues. This will all make me appreciate the ease of use of PG even more than I already do.

3 Likes

I’ll be proud to be a member! :slight_smile:

See, I figure that’s exactly how I’ll feel as well! But I’ve got to find out!

1 Like

Can’t wait to see it in Hong Kong, it been a long long time

1 Like

No St Vincent dePaul stores around the midwest but we have habitat for humanity that has lots of similar materials…

you might be surprised, they’re definitely in some parts of the midwest; in my experience they’re not a place to go for materials, though, more thrifty / goodwill-y. i’m sure some locations specialize, though.

Not so much in Oklahoma maybe. You need a greater concentration of Catholics. Unless things have really changed there in thirty years.

4 Likes

Glad to see a fellow Arizonian has gotten one… hope mine is coming soon!

1 Like

Yes, I have hope in your victory of delivery! So excited to see them arriving to the homes of those that have been patiently waiting!

4 Likes

Don’t forget IKEA ! Lots of items to laser from there

24 Likes

You’re alive! Man it’s good to see you back.

8 Likes

Holy cow @PlGHEADED! We’ve been worried sick about you…you completely vanished!

what a relief! :blush:

10 Likes

geez, where have you been? Glad you’re OK…

9 Likes