Production units being delivered

His email domain may be on a blacklist that GF’s filters use and his messages actually may never get to GF. Trying a PM to @rita here might help ferret out if that’s the case.

3 Likes

I got the automated message
A week and a half ago but they just said they would look into it and let me know so I emailed them about 6 days ago and they sent the same exact message but from a different person they have yet to tell me they are working on It so Dan asked one of them to contact me 3 or 4 days ago and they have yet to do so when he said they would respond to me within a day I just want to know what is going on with my account cause I don’t like that these messages of error in order and what not happens The week before they start shipping

1 Like

Depending on your ISP/Email service (@gmail.com or @comcast.com or @myowndomain.com), the spam filtering might need to be addressed through the webmail interface.

If you are using a local email client (one your computer) versus the web interface, your contacts may not being pushed up to your email service provider (POP and IMAP don’t sync clients).

3 Likes

Okay. So not “nothing at all.”

Try sending a new message to support and see if you get that auto-reply as well. Then we’ll know you’re currently able to receive messages from glowforge.com.

2 Likes

he’s talking about the automated replies, i’m pretty sure he means no other glowforge emails aside from the ones he induces.

Joseph, it looks like we emailed you several times, as recently as today. Did you receive that?

3 Likes

I got a reply after I posted this one but that’s the only email

1 Like

So thank you for looking into it

3 Likes

First time posting, but was just curious:

Since 2015 orders were the first to ship, how many of you are 2016 purchasers and have already received “the email” or even the magic box itself? I didn’t order until the beginning of October '16, so by the latest shipping schedule update I’m anticipating a very Happy Thanksgiving (or at least an early Christmas, although hoping for sooner!). I know many 2015 orders have been fulfilled and even some 2016 orders at this point. Not trying to figure out the official schedule, but I’m just curious as to who may have ordered most recently and has already seen your order ship?

No not many at all. About 1 per day since the beginning of this month to see how they go.

I know there haven’t been any actual numbers released as far as shipments fulfilled at this point - is there another spot on the forum or in this topic that I missed where the one-per-day thing is being discussed? Or is that just as estimate? Either way, I’m more curious about the whole date ordered vs. date delivered thing.

It is about one per day as seen by forums users. There are many customers not on the forums, so it could be more but they are invisible.

3 Likes

Some of @dan posts about shipping order and schedules:

4 Likes

this is the start of a terrible glowforge ghost story

11 Likes

No, this is the first anyone has heard that we’re shipping one per day.

At least, it’s the first I heard it. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

They are shipping more than one daily…I get a lot of very excited private messages.
(Their choice when/if they decide to go public.)

10 Likes

Thanks @dan - bit of a relief, one per day sounded a little low! No clue what the total number of orders is, but I imagine shipping one per day would make shipping ALL Basic and Pro orders by November 30th pretty much impossible.

What I was mainly driving at with my original question was; to those who have already received their :glowforge:, what was the date of your original order? Mainly just curious to see what the most recent order/shipment was. I’ve seen posts here and there from people who have received theirs already and the order date has ranged from 2015 to 2016.

If anyone who is currently Glowing and/or Forging is willing to offer up that info, I’d appreciate it!

…and @dan, if you happen to find your way in the near future to shipping orders placed on October 4th, 2016, that wouldn’t be the worst thing. :grin:

1 Like

It wouldn’t do us any good to know now. They are not shipping according to just purchase date at this time. :neutral_face:

Actually, they will never ship according to “just” Purchase Order. Things like which machines are currently being produced (Pro vs. Basic), domestic orders vs. international and which countries have been cleared for shipment, who wants to delay the order because they are out on a family road trip, whether part of a line goes down or a shipment of parts is delayed…all of these things are going to play into it.

They don’t track it, and so we can’t know either. (sigh!)

7 Likes

This topic has been beat to death, but production will ramp up considerably. My father in law, an electrical engineer for many years at places such as ATI, Motorola, and now Arris, was visiting for the weekend. When I told him Flex (who he worked with many times) was doing the production on this mythical Glowforge, he said, “Oh, so it’s the real deal!”

21 Likes

I understad all of that - and as I said, I’m not trying to deconstruct the algorithm and figure out when a specific unit will ship. Just my own curiosity to see the difference between the earliest orders being delivered and the most recent orders being delivered, if folks are willing to share, that’s all!

1 Like