Trying to be patient

As a Canadian who isn’t receiving his until well after many US shipments despite having ordered early: You’re welcome. I’m glad you’re getting yours early at my expense. I’m happy for you.

2 Likes

Patiently (somewhat) waiting. It’s been a long time since I anticipated an event like this.

2 Likes

Can’t be! The internet wouldn’t lie to me! :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, I think you must have. It sucks you don’t have one yet. I know that. I, of course, accept your apology.

I get genuinely excited when I see yet another person say “I got the e-mail!” I sincerely cannot wait to see this community flourish over the coming days and weeks. I’ve learned a bit from many folks here about how to do various things with the Glowforge. On a purely selfish note, the more people than have them, the more benefit to me! And I hope I have been returning that and will continue to return that.

3 Likes

Oh, a bit of further comment. I’m not upset that I don’t have mine yet, it’s been this long, what’s a bit longer. I was taking issue at how I perceived your post aimed at another person - that was when I went astray.

4 Likes

Thanks. I get that. And my post to him was absolutely sincere as well. Yes, with a bit of levity thrown in. But my sympathy and best hopes for the near future and a speedy resolve were meant with warmest regard.

2 Likes

Yep, 9:55 AM on the 24th here. Have yet to see the email.

2 Likes

As a Canadian that is NOT getting theirs any earlier than you, and not a regular forum poster, I’m getting nothing at your expense.

But I’m glad you’re happy for me.

1 Like

I know :frowning: Learning not everyone on the internet is true is… life altering :frowning:

:smiley:

1 Like

whereabouts?

All things being equal, we ship based on order date. There are some “unequal” exceptions that affect date, such as:

• model ordered
  • helping with the development of the product

In the latter category (the one you’ve probably seen people posting about), we’ve delayed about 100 people from their scheduled ship date and accelerated about 100.

No, unfortunately, we haven’t done that. We wanted to, but when we scoped the project we realized the logistics resources to create & track it, and the software to surface it, are fully committed to scaling production.

17 Likes

Early delivery for those helpful in the development in the product, sure. But early delivery to folks who ordered after the campaign seems a bit unfair.

2 Likes

I don’t think those two points are mutually exclusive. I think the person who ordered after the campaign was helpful in the development of the Glowforge, by being a heavy member of the forum. I don’t think his contribution is really any less since he didn’t order in the very first month.

5 Likes

I would be interested in how many people of the original campaign actually cancelled their orders. Talk about people moving up in line, I bet we are all closer to getting a Glowforge.

6 Likes

Aw man, next you’re gonna tell me that the TV is capable of lying!

4 Likes

I read this as saying that shipping was purposely delayed for 100 people because they were exceptionally UN-helpful.

Then I read it again and understood what you meant. :wink:

10 Likes

I have settled down since I first posted. Reading that gentlemans post about receiving the golden ticket email and having order in Feb 2016 after waiting for two years got my dander up a little. As in one of my original posts I had hoped that was just a troll because that seemed outrageous. Since I ordered a Pro though his order will not effect my order and all I can concentrate on is my delivery date, even if that is delayed by someone else who ordered after me. Mine will still come.

10 Likes

Yeah damn them basic purchasers for jumping the line on us pro folks! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Basic engineering - the sport model always has more challenges :smile:

8 Likes

especially when there are more Pro buyers than Basics :wink:

2 Likes