Production units being delivered

Right. Thanks for that! That’ll probably help way more than… Refresh, wait 60-300 seconds, repeat.

3 Likes

Did you sign up for My UPS Choice? They will email you when it is in their system, in case you accidentally deleted it. :relaxed:

I don’t think that would work in my case since I’m having it shipped to my office. I imagine it goes by shipping address. If so, I’d get dozens of alerts per day. If, on the other hand, it goes by e-mail address (unlikely, I know), then it’d work for me since I used my personal e-mail address with Glowforge.

I know I check the forum more often than my e-mail. It would be great to have a big red banner pop up when you login to let you know your is ready to ship! (or a text to your phone for that matter).

5 Likes

You can specify an alternative address and get notified by text and/or email.

1 Like

Not sure I understand. What I’m trying to avoid is getting notifications for every package that’s on its way here to my office. I’d only want to know about my Glowforge. Not sure how I can make that possible via MyChoice.

1 Like

Just use your personal email to setup.

I signed into MyChoice and found out that my glow forge will be delivered on Wednesday (next) at 6 PM. :grin:

15 Likes

I believe with my choice you can add any tracking number as too you. Also once you have a tracking number you can add update notification even without MyChoice.

Doesn’t help for an accidentally deleted E-mail but for that I’m sure support@glowforge would help out. Probably worth waiting till people around you on the google docs sheet have gotten their shipping notifications rather than flood the glowforge team.

1 Like

Obviously Glowforge has made a mistake…that one must be mine.
(It’s arriving at your place on my birthday.) :wink:

6 Likes

Well we will expect you for dinner See you on Wednesday.:relaxed:

3 Likes

Tempted. :grin:

My wife says bring your hedgehog. :grin:

9 Likes

I think because it’s a business I can’t use it…
We’re sorry, UPS My Choice® is not available at your current address.

2 Likes

I read this an immediately though, OMG, ME TOO! ATM…been there about four times already pulling out money to buy laser material. (And I haven’t even received “the” email yet.)
I need this, and that, oh, and some of them too! some of those…HAHAHAHAHAHA

4 Likes

Hmm, little sleep for you that night. I hope mine comes early in the day. Probably not, I assume truck are loaded with the heavier stuff first with light packages on top. And I’m not very near to a UPS depot, so I wouldn’t likely be one of the earliest stops if they loaded it near the back of the truck.

LOL, look at me, waiting 600 days and now I’m obsessing whether it will be delivered early or late in the day. :laughing:

11 Likes

(Because you waited 600 days.)

9 Likes

Actually I’m pretty sure they optimize for the most efficient route, and just shift packages around if needed. UPS trucks have shelves so they have pretty quick access to just about any package.

6 Likes

As long as mine doesn’t fall off of the top shelf. :disappointed:

Bring the hedgehog to dinner or for dinner? :imp:

6 Likes