Production units being delivered

My Birthday is on the June 24th, which I still have hope. Happy Birthday to the other Curt!

6 Likes

Yeah me either…mine is in January. Although getting it in time for Fiance’s would be good…it’s July 31st! We’ll be in a new house by that time that is bigger…

3 Likes

My GF arrival is probably still a couple of months away, but I picked up one of those heavy duty Whalen carts at Costco last night. I will try to make time this weekend to de-clutter the home workshop, and then put the cart together.

8 Likes

That would be absolute awesomeness…I would make Glowforge my home page! Lol

Congrats!!!

That cart looks awesome! I may have to pop in to the local store and see if they have them in stock. If not, I doubt my pro would be here before it - even with the 2-3 week shipping window.

Our local Costco had 34 of them yesterday so yours probabky has at least one, Box length is about 76" and unboxed the longest piece (table top) is 72" so make sure the vehicle you take is large enough to accommodate it. It’s also very heavy…over 200 pounds, I think

It’s a great cart, and think perfect for the GF, especially if you get a Pro and will be inserting extra long pieces through the slot. The table top will help to support the front and tail pieces of the stock you push through.

3 Likes

Paranoid that my email got lost “to the cloud”… So…
For those that got an email already,
Could you please reply what date you ordered? Then we can get a sense of the ‘queue’

Here’s mine:

• I ordered a Basic w/ Filter Oct 9th (haven’t seen an email yet)

I’ll update this when I get the email. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t gotten “the email” yet, but I’ve been doing some thinking about when we should be “expecting” it.

As of right now from what we’ve heard through the forum, it’s about 2 weeks in between “the email” and the shipping notification, and it is a max of 6 weeks to have the unit shipped.

However, the reality seems to be a bit more of 2 weeks between initial email and shipping, and one week from shipping notification to delivery of the :glowforge:

So if the banner at the top is correct and we can only expect the pre-ordered GFs to be shipped before the end of July, then the latest you’ll get your email should be the second week of July.

If the banner is supposed to mean more of “most delivered by the end of July except for our overseas customers.” then we can start expecting to receive our email anytime now through the second week of July. (8 weeks of: email --> shipping notification --> delivery would have put us all getting the email first week of June. 3 weeks for the process (initial email to delivery) allows the window to be pushed back to second week of July)

3 Likes

Also, if you ordered a Pro (with or without filter), none of those emails have gone out.

1 Like

I’m going out on a limb here and speculating they have not gotten through all Day 1 orders yet, as we have Day 1 people who are quite active on this forum that have not yet received their emails.

6 Likes

I imagine that Day 1 orders actually account for a sizeable portion of the total. Not a majority or anything, but at least a few percentage points, and more relative to most other particular days.

3 Likes

It would be safe to say that the number of units ordered the first day was between 300-800 units. So yes, day one orders have only been scratched so far. First day order here. Not certain how many of those were Pros, a little more than half. Only producing Basics so far.

3 Likes

well, only shipping, we can’t know production statuses.

3 Likes

“If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?”

Only shipping counts for me.

3 Likes

sure, i’m just pointing out that you imply a precision in your answer that isn’t there. all we know is that they’re not being shipped.

1 Like

And I just recieved shipping info. Glowforge should be here Monday and Proofgrade should be here Thursday. Good thing I cashed in my credit at the store for Proofgrade material last week!

31 Likes

Con grat YOU la tions! :grinning: :boom::confetti_ball::sparkles:

5 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Got mine too! Congrats!

14 Likes