ProForgeOne has arrived! FIRST PRO UNIT IN THE WIIIILD!

Wow, so many cool things going on here.

I’m amazed at how much the packaging has increased.
The jet black tray makes me jealous of my boring old plain one.
I wonder if I could just take a router to the front and back of my glowforge basic and make a pass through? ha.
Congrats!

3 Likes

Thank you for the awesome write-up with photos!!! Very excited for you. Having yours delivered makes it more of a reality … Which makes us even sadder to have the pass-through slot limited to 1/4" material.

1 Like

Congratulations @adrianf and Congratulations @Dan & Staff too!

Historic day

3 Likes

My basic also arrived missing two of the white package tabs. Another small error in the user manual as it is a little unclear about moving the print head back. There was no mention of the two screws that hold the laser in place or of the orange silicone strips underneath the wheels. I figured it out but not before gently pushing on the bar wondering why things weren’t moving.

3 Likes

There is a serious piece of stainless in the back, like 1/8" that would need to be slotted. The injection molding allowance is there with a few bridges spanning the slot.

1 Like

Hmmm, the info that came with this PRU was explicit regarding those…

I was using the online manual last Monday so perhaps it’s been updated which would be great.

One thing that has me curious is how much faster the print time for the ruler was than on the basic. I think I saw 5:34 or thereabouts in the video. Basic owners; how long was it for you?

6 Likes

Bear in mind that, right now, only cuts are faster on Pro. The ruler is mostly engraving, as I recall.

5 Likes

6:03 on a Pre-Release without touching the settings. Probably used to be much longer. The Basic settings were adjusted significantly faster for Proofgrade maybe 6 months ago. Seems they were too conservative.

3 Likes

Have you tried pushing wood through the passthrough yet?

I can see how wood would enter the front, since the rubber is on the inside and secured on the inside, it pushes out of the way easily if you are pushing something from out to in. But the back slot ALSO has rubber on the inside, secured on the inside. Can you easily push material from inside to out, or do you have to remove the rubber, or lift it manually on insertion?

4 Likes

Not sure why this is. The online manual I used about 3 weeks ago explained about the screws and rubber packing very clearly.

1 Like

I haven’t tried yet. I assume it will push through just fine, but might need a bit more force :slight_smile:

Either way, this allows us to feed material in either direction (back to front, and front to back)

Adria

4 Likes

YES!!! Thanks for posting all the details and the video!

So I take it, the filter system was not included?

no; none of those have started to ship yet, to anyone.

2 Likes

Congratulations~!! I still waiting my…

Just curious if you can post your order date. Might give some of us an idea of where we are in the line. Happy for you, jealous for me.

I was pretty early:

8 Likes

Didn’t they open up the ordering at 7:30? What took you so long? ROFL! :smile:

17 Likes