ProForgeOne has arrived! FIRST PRO UNIT IN THE WIIIILD!

mmmm limiting the opening to 1/4 inch may be a safety issue

So glad you received yoursā€¦I so canā€™t wait!

1/4" is very limiting! pallet wood is larger then 1/4" how wide was it?

Yeah, the material is typically 1/2". I guess if you are interested in using pallet wood, you could plane one side down. I would assume you want to use it for the beat up look. It should still be ok structurally for some applications at that thickness too. Though, if you want something more structural, pallet wood is probably not the material for you.

Edit: If I know what you are wanting it for I might be able to give better information.

Congratulationsā€¦ it must feel good to finally get it. Iā€™m still waiting for mine. :frowning:

16 months later (in my SpongeBob narrator voice) ā€¦

I was Sep 28, 2015 @ 2:01 PMā€¦

According to the Crowd-sourced Shipping Log, orders are not going out chronologically by the order date.
Some post campaign Pro orders have already gotten ā€œthe emailā€ while some day-one orders have not.
Not sure what the exact logic is.

If this is any helpā€¦

2 Likes

Why is no one up in arms that they may have gotten theirs before an employee and paid partners (who also paid money to order a GF and have been waiting along with everyone else)?

Just kinda wondering why the angst and anguish only appears to run one wayā€¦

14 Likes

So jealous and happy for you at the same time. All these conflicting emotionsā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

everybody myself included is amazed by their first creation. How did you feel about this ruler?

Based on the ā€˜dreadedā€™ spreadsheet tracking order fulfillment ā€¦ the past 14 days saw 29 orders (basic) announced ā€¦ and the past 2 days have shown 8 notifications (2 pro and 6 basic) --> given the spreadsheet sample size only represents 3% (approx) of the preorder (estimated) ā€¦ DRUM ROLL PLEASE ā€¦ which means production this week of both pro and basic could reach nearly 750 units! Given the 9 weeks remaining in the GLOWFORGE YEAR --> we could just sneak in under the wire and meet the announced date. YIPPEE for all of us! :glowforge::sunglasses:

2 Likes

From the spreadsheet there are 66 emails out of 369, so 303 left and 98 days. That means we need to see three per day. The last week is slightly over two per day so is getting close.

Also to get them all delivered we have to subtract the delivery time and the mysterious dispatch time from the 98 days, making it somewhat faster.

But I agree it does look just about achievable if they continue to ramp up to maybe four a day.

8 Likes

I extrapolated over the estimated 10,000 pre order campaign.

Wait, what did you just say? What have you done with the real Palmercr?!?

28 Likes

Woah! Looks awesome! Iā€™m so excited!

The rate has dropped back down to 4 emails on the spreadsheet in the last 7 days so I am back to feeling pessimistic. It seems to be send a load of emails and then wait for the machines to be built before sending some more. It just doesnā€™t seem like mass production.

2 Likes

Is it possible thatā€™s a temporary statistical quirk though? i.e. the overall spreadsheet population might be representative of the overall population, you might have spots where very few buyers added info. But, that shouldnā€™t hold.

I agree with you though that it does seem like large batch production, which is a bit odd.

Iā€™m curious about your setup. Iā€™m assuming youā€™re doing a temporary venting situation until your filter arrivesā€¦ or will you set up a permanent vent, and vent the air that comes out of your filter?

Howā€™s the smell / interior pollution situation so far?