Question about Masking

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post my question. I am working on a project where scrapbook paper is glued to my board before cutting. I figured out a way to glue my paper to the board that works amazingly, but my problem is the scorch marks. If I don’t mask it leaves scorch marks on the finished pieces, so I tried using the masking tape I have always used just on plain boards, which is just the basic blue painters tape. When I go the take the tape off it almost always pulls my paper off the boards. I see there is such thing as low tack masking tape but I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with this type of thing and knows a good brand to buy. Or if you have any other ideas on how to eliminate the scorch marks, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Check out #2:

As for your use case check out these posts, where I glue cardstock to wood and then mask it prior to cutting. It works great with medium tack masking.

Have fun!

5 Likes

If the low tack masking doesn’t work, consider putting the paper side down. I would elevate it off the honeycomb tray so the flash back doesn’t char the paper.

6 Likes

Medium worked fine for me. I would start there personally. It’s a much more versatile masking. Low tack has few applications.

Besides, you can always turn medium into low with the t shirt trick.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for responding!! I will try both of your suggestions. I appreciate you both so much!!

4 Likes

You want low tack? Stick it to a rug or blanket first.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.