Question about Proofgrade box contents

Ew! :confounded:

1 Like

And don’t forget insect parts. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same thing I got in mine. Same label spots too. I think they are being stored or transported somewhere hot. It feels like a melted gluey-ness.

To be fair, I live in the desert, it’s really hot. I took the temp of the box when it arrived and it was 105 degrees inside after sitting in a UPS truck all day.

1 Like

Maple ply is like the Baltic Birch of PG. It’s a great go-to material. It’s a neutral finish so it goes well with a lot of things and it won’t get in the way of some designs. Sometimes the walnut is too dark for the patterns I’m doing (but when it’s right, it’s outstanding). I also like the cherry.

Okay, I like them all :smile: But, maple is my the one I reach for first.

6 Likes

I actually like the look of the maple best, because of the great contrast for engraves.

1 Like

Please do report to support!

3 Likes

Yeah I had a little bit of that residue on a few of my proofgrade pieces, and I posted in another thread that I had some bubbles in the proofgrade masking. Didn’t think to report it to support, so I’ll probably send them an email just so they’re aware… assuming that wont be a huge deal to engrave, but I do wonder if the bubbles will cause some strange engrave reaction.

3 Likes