Random white areas?

I only started using the GF a few days ago, and something strange keeps happening–if I print or draw a design to put in the GF to be traced and there is too much black on it (black being the indication for engraving space), it won’t pick up all of that black space as being black when it traces. For example, if I had a black square, put it in the GF and traced it, it shoes all of that square being black except a circle in the middle of it being white, somehow. I’ve tried printing with different colored inks, tracing over the prints with sharpie, moving the pages around inside so the light isn’t hitting it as directly–nothing has worked. I would upload the images, but I can’t get those to cut yet, and I add things to the designs once I print them off, like borders and things. Please help!

The topic below discusses this issue:

Thank you so much! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

My experiments showed the issue to be glare from the two flash LED’s on either side of the camera. I solved it by putting several layers of masking tape over them. The two strips of lights on either side of the lid were more than sufficient for the camera image.
I also turned off the florescent room lights.

1 Like

Hi @Nicole - can you confirm @AhnoldZ’s link resolved your question?

It did

I tried that—they didn’t work. However I did find a solution, so thank you for your help!

1 Like

I’m so glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!