Replacement offline

What are your settings and what are you cutting?

1 Like

It cuts fine, it’s the machine. Very slow moving, doing 1/4 plywood set a 120 speed 100 power.

There is a capability to adjust the actual speed that the reference number actually is. That is why a speed of 270 say, is not called 270 of what? inches per minute? picans per momentil? That is why you are asked to run the “GOGM” on a proofgrade sheet after cleaning all the lenses, and from that standard, they can see what the situation is.

Of course, “full” speed is not supposed to be happening as hardly anything would cut. If you are getting a flame only on the left side and are not using magnets, then that is a different set of problems but cleaning the window under the left-hand side would be the very first thing I would look at, and also include photos of that window and the one on the side of the laser head.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give that a try. This is a new refurbished machine. You would think I shouldn’t be having issues already. This is my 3rd machine.

That is a very slow speed but looking I have used similar for similar stuff. If you are getting little candle flames, then where that happens you will probably not cut all the way through.

the flame is to the left of the laser tube. It’s not on the wood. I’m cutting the same wood at the same speed on my machine before it broke. The new one is not acting or sounding like thee broken one. I’m at a loss.

Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material with Proofgrade settings. If the result is not perfect, send photos along with the date and time of the print to Glowforge support.

the print is perfect. What is the flame to the left of the tube? It looks like it makes a circle

We would need to see a photo/video to understand what you are seeing.

Processing: IMG_6150.MOV…

The purple glow on the left side of the tube is normal… Should be right around a metal ring at the end of the tube.

Dont know if you could tell but is moving very slow. It is not as loud as my other one. The machine is 15 ft from my desk and you can barely hear it. I always have to raise volume of tv to hear it. When you hit the button the tube and print head stays in position for a few seconds. My other one would immediately start. Im using same settings and board selection medium draft board.

I’m not able to upload video. Says my file is too big and I don’t know how to shrink it on iPad

Click the three dots, and see if you have the “Glowforge air filter attached” option enabled. This will disable the back fan and make it much quieter. You do not want this enabled if you do not have an external fan or filter attached.

Try sharing the movie again and wait until the processing stage is complete before hitting “reply”.

You could upload the video to Youtube and provide the link. Set it as Private so only folks with the link can see it if you wish.

1 Like

thanks I’ll try that

Yay !!! Thank you Dave, that was it. And the flame at the end of the tube on the left hand side is “ok”? I never noticed it on my old machine. I love you guys, y’all are great.

A photo might be easier as the size of a video upload is very limited unless it is hosted by Ytube or Vimeo etc.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.