Ribbon cable catching on bolt head

I’m in the process of setting up my Glowforge pro, and have noticed that the ribbon cable catches on the bolt heads as the laser slides back and forth. A portion of the ribbon is glued down and seems to be slightly askew causing the issue. At this point I’m leery about finishing the setup process since it isn’t moving smoothly. Suggestions?

I saw this topic:

but there didn’t seem to be any resolution.

post some pictures so Support has a better idea of how to help you

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know about that.

Like @burtzcharles suggested, can you post a photo or video of the wire ribbon catching on the screws so I can take a look at it? You can also email me the photo or video at support@glowforge.com if it’s more comfortable for you.

Thank you!

Sure. It just barely catches on the right 2 bolts as it’s moving. I also measured the distance between the front the metal bar and where the ribbon is glued. At the left end it is 11.5mm from the front and the right end of the glued section is 13.5mm from the front.

When moving left you can see it catching slightly here:

And when sliding to the right

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time to send those photos. Unfortunately, it looks this is an issue we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details.

I’m so sorry for the bad news.