Screw found on left bottom side

I found a screw on left bottom side and cannot find where it’s supposed to belong, please help! :frowning:

Welcome to the community! Sadly I haven’t the foggiest, but fingers crossed someone here will recognize it.

Is your machine brand new, or have you been using it for a while?

Hello! I’ve only had it for a little less than a month and have only used it for like a total of 2 hours. And yes fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: and thank you!

Ok, turns out I was able to took - it looks like it’s going to be one of the screws on the metal base beneath the laser tube itself - my machine has 2 on either side. I’ll see if I can find a picture of the area I’m talking about.

Found one - you can see one of the two screws right next to the head of the white arrow (the image is from their cleaning instructions)

looks like one of the standoff screws from the power supply on the right hand side. like in this post here

2 Likes

Hello @kimestrada2,

This screw is used to secure the radiator cover on the right hand side of your Glowforge.

Can you try the following:

• Turn off your Glowforge
  • Reach into the right side of your Glowforge and try to wiggle the black radiator cover a little bit.
  • If it’s secure, the screw was most likely an extra screw that may have snuck in before your Glowforge was shipped.
  • If the radiator cover does have a significant amount of movement, please let me know.

Either way, I’ll make a note that you found it in your unit, and I apologize that it arrived out of place.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.