Server is acting up AGAIN

Great, problem solved! :slight_smile:

How? I still have slow processing issues? Like I said everything works perfectly, centering, focusing etc its just when I have to process the design.

Sounds like support is lying to you to cover up the massive server outage they are having.

1 Like

So maybe try the troubleshooting steps @MarkM suggested, and find out?

1 Like

smh

I mean, if you want to prove itā€™s not your wifi, thatā€™s what you need to do.

lol Im done, When support wants to reply thatā€™s fine but you are offering no help.

Considering more people are commenting on GUG with issues reinforces my statement. Sure a ton of GFs are out working but its a Sunday night so most may even know an issue exists. Have you checked yours?

They canā€™t eliminate wifi as the issue if you wonā€™t try the hotspot as they requested. If youā€™re so sure itā€™s not the wifi, it doesnā€™t make sense that you wouldnā€™t want to move forward with troubleshooting so you can actually get to the bottom of it. But whatever. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m several hundred miles from my machine at the moment, but plenty of other users are saying theyā€™re not having issues.

@waternut, you might in fact be correct, but you are going to need to run the test below first to eliminate the potential for Wifi interference ā€¦I guarantee, having to send the machine back in for repair is going to take a lot longer. So check it, and hopefully it is just your Wifi. Let support know what you find. They are trying to help you, but if you refuse to check what needs to be checked, they will wait until you do.

2 Likes

They did, in case you didnā€™t realize itā€¦@MarcM is official support staff (hence the yellow background and ā€œstaffā€ tag by his name)

2 Likes

Okay awesome! Iā€™m not 100% how to do that but Iā€™ll definitely give it a shot. Iā€™ve been down for two days so Iā€™m willing to try anything to get it back up and running!! Thanks you for the help!!

2 Likes

I have connected it via Hotspot on my phone with it sitting right on top of my laser and it still doing the same thing with the long process times. Everything like focus works great, when I open the lid it uploads in the UI instantly, when I close the lid it scans the bed and refreshes like normal. The only issue is it processing my work to be cut.

Welcome to the forum @katb65536.

Your best bet is to start a new topic for your own issue. There are so many ways to answer your question. The current topic seems to have gotten derailed into a discussion about the vagaries of the cloud platform and how we are notified if there is a server side problem (which could be a computing/network/internet issue or a specific problem with the software that might be getting pushed).

I canā€™t say what is the most common cause for a problem rendering an image, but the first step is to make sure that it isnā€™t tied to one image design by trying to load something else, especially the Gift of Good Measure as a test piece.

Wifi connectivity issues are very common. It is a vulnerable spot. There are lots of reasons why wifi might cause problems. One may think that nothing has changed when in fact a something even not wifi connected can interfere.

There is the issue with lid camera cables. It seems less of an issue as before. Glowforge can look at looks and diagnose lots of problems, especially with this.

Best bet is to describe your situation. Post a screen shot of the GFUI and bed image. If appropriate and possible, upload the problem image.

Often folks test wifi by using a different access method, like with a cell phone hotspot.

Hope we can get this figured out for you. (We as in forum members.)

3 Likes

Thank you for working through those steps, and for attempting to connect your Glowforge to your mobile hotspot. I apologize for the delay in response.

Iā€™d like to review the log files from the time period where you utilized the hotspot connection. Would it be possible to obtain a date and time of when you were connected to the hotspot, and when you disconnected?

When you were running into the slowdown, was this with multiple files or a specific file? Did you have any ability to complete a print?

Once we can confirm these details, weā€™ll send over the next best steps.

Itā€™s been a little while since Iā€™ve seen any replies on this thread so Iā€™m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.