Here’s a screenshot of what I see.
Using certified material, the device is able to figure out the bar code (but only sometimes, lately, if that’s a hint).
But when I hit choose “set focus” and point to any part of the bed, it returns the error, “Material didn’t measure”.
I’ve not changed anything in my setup. I’ve cleaned both the moving head lenses as well as the lens on the top of the lid. I’ve restarted the machine and restarted the app in my Mac.
It’s able to work without set focus, but I’ve found better results when I focus on the small area I’m cutting and I’d love to have that back.
Perhaps unrelated, it was also cutting a full five inches from where it said it was going to. I took advice from a kind person here to turn it off and move the gantry back and forth a few times, so that seems to have been addressed.
Any help would be appreciated. I hope you and yours are healthy and finding peace of mind.
Updating this post based on helpful suggestions:
- Those are magnets, holding it flat.
- It happens even if there are no magnets.
- It’s not related to the piece of proofgrade material. It happens when I use a generic piece of ply and when I use a ceramic tile. With no magnets.
- It happens wherever the laser is pointed. I only put it there on the sample because I didn’t want to waste a nice piece of proofgrade.
- I’m not trying to cut anything on top of the wood, I scored that circle on the wood itself.