Sharing tissue box design

Hey everyone! So, initially I didn’t share this design because I did MANY iterations of it that did not work (evidenced by the oops version included in this post: Tissue box)

However, with all the cabin fever going on, I thought I would clean up my file and share it in case anyone else would like to make one. It does take a bit of material, so I would strongly advise prototyping on something cheap first, like cardboard (maybe leave off the cutouts if cutting from cardboard though, don’t want to start a fire!)

I had a lot of fun figuring this one out, so I hope someone else can enjoy making it as much as I did. And I would love to see any improvements anyone can think of! We all need a lot of tissues at the moment, no reason they can’t add to our decor!

To save it, right click on the drawing, and choose save as. It should save as an svg file. Also note that not all pieces fit onto the 12x20 artboard in the file, so the preview won’t show everything.

kleenexbox_share

And for reference, here’s what my finished one looks like:

56 Likes

It’s beautiful, thank you so much for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you, I was just admiring that box yesterday!

2 Likes

Very nice share. Thank you.

2 Likes

That sure is a beautiful design. Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you for the great design!!!

2 Likes

LOVELY; thanks for sharing!!

2 Likes

Wow, thanks—it’s gorgeous!

2 Likes

Oh my, it turned out just lovely!!! Thank you so very much!

1 Like

Hi Love the tissue box. When I right click on the picture an save as the only thing that comes up is for a png or bmp, am I doing something wrong.

1 Like

Yes, you are likely using Edge. Try a different browser.

1 Like

Try Chrome; it always comes up as svg for me

Thank you I used chrome and was able to save it as svg. When I opened it the pieces for the outer box were over lapping each other and i couldn’t separate them.

1 Like

Hmm, that’s odd. I thought maybe I had everything grouped weird, but it comes up ok when I open it on my computer. Those top two panels are very close together, but not touching, and I was able to move things around. I am not sure what the issue might be, sorry!

Open it up in another program and worked fine. Thanks again

1 Like

You really elevated the piece with the designs. Thank you!

1 Like