Shattered door

Hey guys, hope you all are doing well. Has anyone ever had to purchase a new door for your Glowforge and if so how much did it cost?

1 Like

It is not available as a spare part. Someone might have one for sale on an auction site from a machine they bought for parts.

5 Likes

ok, thank you for the information.

1 Like

Hey guys, I mentioned a door earlier, but I actually meant GLASS LID.

1 Like

Itā€™s really the only ā€œdoorā€ that could shatter.

3 Likes

Right, just wanted to make the distinction as to what I need in case someone thought I was refering to the door at the front. Thanks again though.

What caused it to shatter? Something dropped on it?

Pinging @Deleted
He deals in some parts, or he did.

3 Likes

i have it in a steel building that i have not completed my heating and i believe it froze. iā€™m in GA and we had 13 degree weather last night. only thing i can suppose. have never seen those temps in a very long time.

2 Likes

thank you so much.

1 Like

The machine should never be exposed to temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit (5 Celsius) or permanent damage may result. Minimum operating temperature is 60ĀŗF/16C. This is documented in the manual and also on the support pages.

1 Like

I am sorry to be the one to say so but you have probably trashed the whole machine. I have not heard of one dying that way but water freezing inside glass laser tubes tends to be bad. That it strained the lid enough to shatter it I would not expect.

A Glowforge is definitely an indoor pet and if left in such conditions will fare no better than other indoor pets.

3 Likes

yes, i know and have read that but here in GA where iā€™m located never have that type of weather and so it didnā€™t dawn on me to even bring it in my house. Oh well, Iā€™ve experienced many learning experiences before, i just pray that this takes a different turn. iā€™ve also experienced many unexpected outcomes too. all is well though.

2 Likes

I thought at some point there were glass lids on eBay that may have been abandoned in Texas when they changed assembly companies but I donā€™t see any on a cursory glance. Ah, yeah. Searched for it and it was May this year but neither link goes anywhere anymore.

They may let you exchange it for a referb if freeze is the only damage.

Ok, thank you so much for the information. Praying for the best.

Ok, thank you so much. Was thinking that too. Will call if they are open today. Praying for the best.

1 Like

You need to send email only. That is the only way, I would be surprised if anyone is there today, and you can bet everyone is taking their vacation if they are able so will be understaffed, so it may be sometime in January before you get a response.

I would include photos.

1 Like

thanks for the suggestion.

They do not offer phone support. The best way to contact them is using the ā€˜contact us hereā€™ link on the support pages. Email, which is not officially advertised any more, just slows things down.

1 Like