Shipping date on glowforge.com/account

The feeling that I got upon reading the email, (like Clark W. Griswold getting a subscription to the jelly of the month club for the second year running) has kinda passed.

It arrives when it arrives. I’m done getting my hopes up.

1 Like

The other day I was thinking about how the wait has already been longer than the new extended warranty. Even for those that got the first production units.

4 Likes

Yes. Or closer in. The line could easily run 10% faster or slower than forecast, which would move dates by a month. (And we built some margin in there, so even if everything just goes as planned it would slowly slide in).

Clearly not 10% faster. My “estimated notification date” has come and gone and I did not receive notification.

shippingEst

1 Like

Yup I have an estimated ship date of Oct 13th, yet no email has gone out. I am a day 15 basic pre order, and according to the banner they are on day 15, but I’ve yet to get an email.

I’m in the same boat. But I am not surprised.

So they are already late by at least a day one day on.

1 Like

Just a head’s up…There are going to be a few bugs to work out at first. It’s a new program. Always happens. :neutral_face:

1 Like

My pleasure.

No, on second thought…I believe I’ll continue to say sensible things for as long as I wish, since it’s my forum too. Feel free to ignore it if you don’t want to hear it. :smile:

14 Likes

You go girl.

2 Likes

Oh I know, which is why I’m not surprised. I work in web development, things don always work quite as planned.

2 Likes

Just so we’re clear here.
@Jules has given up weeks (or even months of her life to ensure that we have not just good information, but as much as she can possibly provide, ON HER OWN TIME!). She’s offered a fair and unbiased critique of her pre-order, she has helped pretty much everyone with a question.
She’s collated weekly highlights of members posts.
She doesn’t get paid, often she doesn’t get praised.
You want to tell her to stop.
Earn the bloody right first.

17 Likes

Thanks, it’s cool. Not everyone wants to hear it. Some do. I’m putting that out there for those who do. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanx for posting before I had a chance. You were SOOOOO much more civil than I would have been able to muster.
You don’t mess with @Jules or @marmak3261 when you haven’t contributed significantly to this forum. Fully half of the good info here is from one of those two.

8 Likes

It’s okay guys, really. Everyone’s on edge right now. :hugs:

2 Likes

It’s really not, but I’ve just posted something to take the edge off.

5 Likes

I rarely verbally disagree with you but I must now. It’s not okay, it takes more to bring out the protective big brother in me than some and it was over the edge considering his greatest contribution to the forum has been a sophomoric bit of humor some time back.
If your not pulling, don’t complain about how those who are, are. (terrible prose I know but try to understand)

1 Like

You guys are beyond wonderful! :wink:
(And remind me to never let you witness an argument with the hubster.) :smile:

1 Like

I genuinely appreciate your positive attitude. However, I does seem like you jump up to defend GF during these constant delays and/or sugarcoat some of the clear missteps. I can understand how that could rub some people the wrong way. To me, it doesn’t make sense to constantly berate the GF folks because it serves no purpose. They’ve certainly made mistakes, but they know it. I like that you’re here putting a positive spin on it even if sometimes it seems nearly impossible to find a silver lining.

2 Likes

I can’t be positive. This delay means, because i will be moving out of my home during the new projected time of delivery, and I will have no place to set up my unit until April of next year at the earliest.

I was told when I dropped my $5000 on this thing that I’d have to wait six months for it. Two years is, obviously, a lot longer, and the affirmations of people who got to use beta units and were delivered their product about a year before I will get mine don’t make me all warm and fuzzy any more. I have tried to get pumped up, seeing the amazing things they are making, looking forward to the day I get to make my designs a reality, but I’m just frustrated now. Two years is long enough for significant life changes.

I know the knee-jerk response to a post like this is, “cancel if you don’t like it.” If someone tells me that, I may have an aneurism, so please don’t.

4 Likes

I’m actually trying to make the people who feel bad feel a little better. Glowforge doesn’t need me to defend them.

I don’t always agree with everything that Glowforge has done, but I give my opinion when asked, and if it’s ignored, I move on. The people I’m trying to help here are the forum members. If you know what’s going on, it empowers you to deal with a bad situation better.

But honestly, this kind of blowback all the time is getting pretty old. I’m not anybody’s mommy, and I’m losing enthusiasm for the idea of assisting fast.

2 Likes