Should I have received the Pro Shields? (if unit shipped Nov 15)

Glowforge folks:

In the unpacking of my Pro GF (shipped: 11/15/2017) , I didn’t find any Pro Sheilds, nor do they appear installed. Given the posts:

@Rita (Oct post):

In the next few weeks, Glowforge units will start being delivered with Pro Shields installed already.

@dan :

Pro Shields are also being shipped pre-installed shortly.

I wasn’t sure if I should find them in there or not (no giant rush, just wanted to ask, because I’ll certainly want them eventually)

2 Likes

Shields would be pre-installed. For those that didn’t get them during assembly would be sent separately.

The announcement released on November 15th the same day yours was shipped said “shortly”.

3 Likes

Do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the 'Forge a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Update is not slow in keeping its promise, as some understand slowness.

5 Likes

The shields aren’t really necessary (in my opinion, of course) - the rubber gasket over the slot covers it completely, so it’s safe (unless you have something in the slot). I think the shields are more for settings where Pro owners want to convert the Pro into a “Type 1” laser device for legal reasons, like in a school or a MakerSpace, where insurance/liability might be an issue.

GlowForge has said that they will ship the shields for free to all Pro buyers (that didn’t receive them) when they are available.

2 Likes

Pro units are now being delivered with the shields in place. The OP was just a day too early. Will have to wait for the company to backtrack.

8 Likes

Did you get yours? If so, congrats! :tada:

2 Likes

Oooh! Congrats! :grinning:

1 Like

Sorry for the slow reply – you’ll get your Pro Shields when we send them out to all the customers who are awaiting shields!

1 Like