Slicing text in Inkscape

I’m trying to slice/cut cursive text in Inkscape for cutting. I know there have been some posts about this but not using Inkscape. I’ve tried to no avail at YouTubing and searching everywhere. I have very limited knowledge. I would greatly appreciate any help from you savvy folks…

1 Like

You’re on the right track just don’t know the terms.

Try searching “inkscape object to path” and “inkscape text”. You’ll find a lot of articles.

3 Likes

I knew it was out there - this comes up when you search “name on a curve”. I only know that because I’d read the post :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks for your response. I can convert text to object and work with paths a bit. I can’t figure out how to slice a letter. Say I have the letter “B” and I want to slice it length wise in the center of the “B”.

Thanks! I can do all of those things. I didn’t make myself clear (sorry). I 'd like to know how to cut a letter lengthwise. I’m trying to create a 30 inch name using the passthrough slot using Inkscape to design it.

Ahh, I still think you’re going to have to manually edit nodes - but check out this topic

1 Like

I think this may be what I’m looking for!!! YAY! I’m going to try it out and I’ll let you know if I have any issues. Thanks again

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.