Sliding lid box

Making a sliding lid box. Started out with the bottom section

Boy howdy I learned when doing an engrave make sure it is the right direction to maximize engrave efficiency!!

40 Likes

LOL, yeah, rooky mistake. Bet that took a while!

3 Likes

%90 of total!! Aprox

2 Likes

Pressed together no glue

26 Likes

Next is to measure top

3 Likes

ah man this looks good. Ive been waiting to get a machine that can do consistent depth engraves for stuff like this. This is making me antsy!

10 Likes

what did you use for the engraving? It’s okay, it’s :proofgrade: so you can say. :smile:

Can you believe I’ve had a PRU at the house for many weeks and have not done an engrave for slotting yet!

Glad someone is doing things I’ve not gotten to.

6 Likes

Lookin’ good!

3 Likes

I used Inkscape to edit the design I made off
of https://makeabox.io/ I used the darker engrave setting twice to get the depth of engrave I wanted :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Forced to do short repetitive engrave for lid :japanese_ogre:

7 Likes

Is that the icon for proofgrade? :proofgrade: yup :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Lid done

18 Likes

That is a beautiful job. Thank you for sharing.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This is beautiful. Looking forward to trying this out myself, someday.

2 Likes

So…I’m guessing…you had to place this back IN the Glowforge and run it again? Or was this before you took it out to assemble? Otherwise, how did you align it correctly to run it again?

2 Likes

A variant of this is going to be a presentation box for one of my knife sharpeners very soon!
Thanks for the inspiration

3 Likes

20 Likes

laughed so hard. LOL still laughing hahaha

6 Likes

I guessed that it needed two engrave runs so I ran the engrave twice and the cut once🙂

3 Likes

What settings did you use for the engrave? I have been experimenting, but no luck. Thank you!