Slow Start up with Homing

I went to start up my laser today to start on a order and its taking FOREVER to home. Usually it will home within a minute or so, but ive been here for 5 minutes and it just started the homing process then its stuck homing with the laser head under the camera. I have no material on the bed and it was working just fine yesterday. Are the servers having any issues or did my unit crap out again (2nd unit, just got this one 2 weeks ago).

Edit: Posted in the GUG FB group and multiple other people are having the same issues, 1 person with multiple machines said they are all stock and Centering/Homing.

3 Likes

Mine is doing the same thing, Cycling between Centering & Homing now for 30 mins. It would be nice if Glowforge would have something on this forum when they are having server issues to let everyone know what is going on so everyone knows…

1 Like

Same problem here in Norway. I hope its a server problem.
I´ll guess we just have to wait then.

1 Like

Yup, same here.

1 Like

They do.

… except everything shows fully operational.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, it’s been about an hour. Cleaned everything and restarted a few times, still nothing.

1 Like

Same here, hopefully it’s resolved soon.

1 Like

Everyone having the issue needs to email or open their own thread here so they will (hopefully) see it quickly.

2 Likes

Same here in Hawaii

1 Like

Ugh! Same issue… glad I looked here! I was starting to freak out!

1 Like

@dan can you give us an update?

2 Likes

Must be a server issue. At least it’s not the machine…

2 Likes

same here…

1 Like

Same issue for me - I’m on my second machine in 6 months - I’ve had this machine for 7 days - I’m sick of their lack of communication, customer support, and care for their customers. They need to stop with the “buy a Glowforge and be your own boss/own your own company” marketing and put that funding toward strengthening their customer support. Start by purchasing a tech support phone number so that I can call - I’m done emailing them about customer support issues. They are able to hide their problems that way. Going forward my problems will be placed on the community forum for everyone to read through that we can all help each other and build our own tech support database site GF isn’t concerned enough to do so! :frowning:

4 Likes

This is such a problem with web based software. But theyll jump immediately to move my topic to the correct category within minutes. Its moved from homing to focus. I even had to reconnect into my wifi before I started.

1 Like

That’s not GF. That’s members here.

GF staff does not monitor the forums. Posting in P&S opens tickets in their support system.

Only exceptions are Dan might comment on interesting topics, and the beta test discussions.

1 Like

I agree with this!

I will say though, the folks I’ve dealt with in support (particularly Ivan) have been very diligent and helpful, which is appreciated. The fact that email is the only way to get support can be frustrating though.

I wish they’d release an offline version! My Brother printer connects to the internet to download firmware, but that doesn’t mean it bricks itself anytime Brother’s server goes down, or I loose internet.

1 Like

Same here in NJ…takes forever for it to focus, center, etc…really hoping it’s just a software/web issue.

Hey they are finally acknowledging a problem!

Yup!