Small Box and Lid with SVGs

Small Box made with Fusion 360.

I tried to make it completely with user defined parameters, but it didnt work perfectly. I was able to adjust the material thickness, and that would change the sketch drawing, but I still had to go back and make a new extrusion.

Here are the SVGs for anyone that wants to make it:
Small Box and Lid.zip (7.8 KB)

This is my first time trying to upload SVGs, let me know if it works.

The material thickness (and therefore the tooth size) is .175"

The finished dimensions are 4" x 6" x 2"

If you end up making a copy for yourself, please post a picture and let me know how it worked out.

40 Likes

Very nice! I like the small teeth! What are you planning to use it for? :grinning:

1 Like

i’m thinking about making a bunch for my workbench to hold screws, hardware, etc…

Right now it’s on my wife’s desk holding pens.

4 Likes

Here’s a parametric box I set up in Fusion360 that’s fully parametric except for the number of fingers in the joints. To simplify things I modeled only the 3 unique sides and left out the copies that close the box. I usually work in metric though, and the parameters are unit-specific.

Check it out and maybe it’ll help you reverse-engineer a bit and figure out how to get it working.

http://a360.co/2nSgZWp

12 Likes

Thank you, I’ll check it out.

2 Likes

Nice little box! Looks a little naked on top though–how about an engrave? :laughing:

2 Likes

I just had an idea. My wife loves tea. Maybe I can can engrave/cut some antique tea tin designs in it. And she can keep her tea in a few of them.

7 Likes

Now you’re thinking. Perfect!

3 Likes

what am I missing? When I unzip there does not seem to be enough pieces for a complete box.

They are all there.

Thank You. I now Understand

1 Like