Snapmarks on pro

How do I get to use snapmarks on my pro? theres not been a snapmark option.

Sorry, snapmarks was an experiment and if you don’t have them you are not going to get them.

2 Likes

To add to the previous post… they may appear as a premium feature at a later date, but we don’t yet know. There are lots of great work arounds on the forum, however.

4 Likes

Thanks for your interest in Snapmark. Unfortunately it is no longer available for additional customers to receive access. We recently announced that we’ve stopped work on Snapmark but more importantly, that the work on Snapmark enabled us to provide the new lid camera calibration tool.

I extracted the logs from your glowforge and it looks like your machine is still using the camera calibration which was done at the factory. It appears that your Glowforge printer’s alignment is performing to specifications. If you’d like, however, you can use the Camera Recalibrator to see if further improvement is possible. It will only make changes if it can make your camera more accurate; otherwise, it will exit without any changes. It takes about half an hour.

You’ll need a 12” x 20” piece of Proofgrade material with no markings or stickers. The feature was designed to be used with a flat piece of medium Proofgrade Draftboard, used upside-down (with the QR code side down). It may work with other materials that are the same size and use the same print settings as well, like Proofgrade plywood.

It prints a grid of markings, takes a picture, then measures its height in multiple locations. This data is used to make your camera more accurate for future prints.

To get started, click on this link: Launch the Camera Recalibrator

If you’re still in need of more precise alignment after running the recalibrator, some of our community members have shared solutions on the form which helped them get even better accuracy. I would recommend taking a look on the forum to see if there is advice which can help with your projects. Here are two posts in particular which might be a good place to start:

I hope the above information helps with the project that you have in mind. If you have any further questions on this topic, please reach out to support@glowforge.com.

Best regards,

1 Like