So...is this article TRUE? Glowforge not shipping unitl Q2 2016 NOW?

I have to admit I was against getting another cat while we were in a hotel but DD services felt it was best for my daughter and got her a kitten. She’s adorable but she’s a cat lol She’s the only cat I have had that … well acts like a cat. She knocks over crap, attacks feet, and cries if we are eating and she isn’t.

13 Likes

Awwwww, adorable! I’m so sorry your two didn’t make it. We have four, that sleep in separate rooms for dietary and temperament reasons, and I just am not sure what we are going to do next time there is a tornado warning and we have to get them all downstairs in the basement. In the event of a fire the pillowcase idea is a good one and I’ll remember that.

2 Likes

Happy Cake day!

1 Like

Wow. Your story really is powerful. Puts so much perspective on this common endeavor. sorry for your kitties and the loss of so much for your family.

1 Like

So sorry. those were some fine cats. And for everything else. Your resilience amazes me.

1 Like

I just wanted to update you guys on our living situation, We are finally moving back into our home THIS Friday after 6 long months! It’s been hard, a lot of ups and downs but things are finally looking up! My husband and I haven’t killed each other during this ordeal which is amazing! lol

25 Likes

Wow! That’s a long time to live in a hotel! So glad you’re finally back home. :smiley:

8 Likes

Congratulations! I hope everything is smooth sailing for you from here on out–you have lived a lifetime of upheaval already.

8 Likes

Welcome home!:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Has Glowforge been tried with standard ceramic tiles or thin glass etching, like Christmas Tree ornaments? Some of my craft plans include custom etching these media, and possibly staining the results. The interest would be just in a visible etching, not cutting through.

1 Like

40W CO2 lasers can do that so GF should as well. Your experience will be different depending on tile type and finish. You can also use LaserTile for engraves that mark like Cermark. Etching a standard tile and then doing a paint wipe (paint the tile and then squeegee or wipe it off leaving the paint in the etch) is definitely a doable and nice technique.

1 Like

Excellent. Planning personalized Christmas ornaments for my children, among other things. Some are white glazed ceramic, some are clear glass bulbs (or flattened bulbs). I’m hoping to be able to etch right into the material, not deep, just making it visible. I also owe an artist friend a set of custom coasters.

2 Likes

Obviously, I’m going to be one of those testing a LOT of non-ProofGrade materials. I really can’t wait.

3 Likes

You can do those too. I did those last year. Got them off Amazon but Hobby Lobby also carries them. They etch like regular glass. Use a wet paper towel or newsprint on top and then etch. It prevents fracturing.

2 Likes

Good to know. Something for a little protection of the glass, and works great? Love it. I still have some from when the family painted some a couple years back.

1 Like

Here is one from a while back:

a few posts later in that thread is a youtube video of someone using the LaserTile stuff (but not on a glowforge)

1 Like

I saw that one. I was more curious about white glazed tiles, and doing a little post to dye the etching a contrasting color.

1 Like

It helps keep the surrounding glass cool. You can also use a wipe of dishwashing liquid. I find it easier to clean up the paper vs having to wash the piece in the sink (yeah, I know, first world problem :slightly_smiling_face:).

Well, it gives me nice options for trying it out. I have plans with leather and other stuff, too. I expect the first week or two, it will only rest when I’m sleeping…if the task doesn’t take longer than that.

Welcome to the forum Jason! :sunglasses:

2 Likes