Sodas and Sucralose

ROFL! That was very entertaining, but that particular character sounds like Minnie Mouse on helium.

(Not the way I speak at all. I’ve got a deep sonorous voice like a very angry frog… Ferocious.) :wink:

(I probably sound more like Parsons, or the other blonde. And I have NEVER giggled! ROFL!)

1 Like
6 Likes

As someone who only eats rare steaks, I find that absolutely horrifying. Looks like I have to cross Portland off my “places worth going to” list.

3 Likes

And don’t pump your own gas… I got yelled at for that.

5 Likes

No problem there, I don’t have a car. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I suggest going to a different restaurant, not a different town. I don’t think that experience was representative of all restaurants in Portland.

3 Likes

Yes, gotta chime in here as a defender. Portland is well known for some amazing places to eat, drink, listen to music, and for a laid back lifestyle. It’s a beautiful city and should not be given a black mark for the quirks it does have. I live in a small town to the south, but have enjoyed enough in Portland to know of what I speak. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Good to know I’m not the only one!

1 Like

Mexican sodas taste so much better imo. Probably due to both the cane sugar and the glass bottle.
Had a grape Fanta the other day and I thought I was in heaven…lol. Wont drink the US made Fantas though, they taste horrible.

7 Likes

I did actually go to Portland once a couple years ago. Didn’t go to any steakhouses but I did see some cool (and I do mean cool) waterfalls:

10 Likes

The Pacific North West is a very beautiful place. The rain and mountains makes lots of waterfalls. If you are ever in WA state, try the Waterfall Trail around the Olympic Peninsula. It has stunning views and scenery that will strain your camera battery. - Rich

6 Likes

For carnivores there is always Olympic Provisions. It is amazing!

5 Likes

Olympia Provisions restaurant in Portland I think is what you mean? Heaven for carnivores yes. -Rich

3 Likes

My 1893 Pepsi arrives today!! :+1:

4 Likes

That stuff is good. The ginger variety is fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love ginger beer!! :grin:

1 Like

Tried it, interesting taste, it seemed to lose carbonation quickly.

1 Like